help identifying light

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Can anyone identify the top 3 level warning light on the top side of the body of this truck? We are purchasing this truck and I'm trying to get a game plan together of what lights need to be replaced. I THINK it's a federal signal light but I'm mainly just trying to confirm if it's a 9x7 light which it appears to be so I can replace it with a Whelen 900 series.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 33
May 9, 2012
Central Florida
We're probably going to end up swapping them out with Whelen 900s. but since the holes are already drilled, we're going to have to rotate the 900 90 degrees from the normal horizontal mounting. Unless yall have any other ideas that may work? If we do mount the 900 vertical, will it still provide useful warning? I know they're meant to be mounted horizontal..

FiremanSketch

Dec 17, 2014
Lake Arrowhead
Correct, the fluting of the lens is designed for a horizontal application. A vertical application won't make ineffective, obviously. You may be setting yourselves up for litigation as you're not utilizing it per SAE specs.

I could throw out a recommendation of perhaps a double-stacked 600 series, horizontal mounted? Might look a little wonky, but it'll maintain the SAE rating. Comes in handy when you're gonna be operating on the side of a road (Looks like a rescue).

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Correct, the fluting of the lens is designed for a horizontal application. A vertical application won't make ineffective, obviously. You may be setting yourselves up for litigation as you're not utilizing it per SAE specs.

I could throw out a recommendation of perhaps a double-stacked 600 series, horizontal mounted? Might look a little wonky, but it'll maintain the SAE rating. Comes in handy when you're gonna be operating on the side of a road (Looks like a rescue).
Ya..valid points. Idk that the chief will go for double stacking 600s since they're 130ish a piece. I'll probably just have to drill new holes.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Well if you dont mind waiting for an answer on a Price I can Speak to my Dealer I use and see what he can get them for, he does alot of whelen business with our Local Fire Rescue boys and cities on stuff, not including what I need and can usually get a Heck of a Price... or I roll around the Block and down a Few Blocks to my other Supplier and see what he has for a Price ( Mainly he does Police vehicles not Rescues and Engines but hes still a Dealer ). Just Let me know what lights your looking for specific and A Part Number if you got it and I can Ask him Monday to Call his Factory Contact for Pricing..
Love the Truck... Miss my 74 Oren... too much NY Road Salt Damage!Photo0038.jpg

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Well if you dont mind waiting for an answer on a Price I can Speak to my Dealer I use and see what he can get them for, he does alot of whelen business with our Local Fire Rescue boys and cities on stuff, not including what I need and can usually get a Heck of a Price... or I roll around the Block and down a Few Blocks to my other Supplier and see what he has for a Price ( Mainly he does Police vehicles not Rescues and Engines but hes still a Dealer ). Just Let me know what lights your looking for specific and A Part Number if you got it and I can Ask him Monday to Call his Factory Contact for Pricing..
Love the Truck... Miss my 74 Oren... too much NY Road Salt Damage!View attachment 214245
Ya, we aren't in an extreme hurry since we're still about two months away from even having the truck. But we'll need 3 more M6s in red with red lense and 6 total chrome bezels for them. Then 8 of the 900 series in red with red lense and chrome bezels for them. Also will need 2 600 series in red with red lense and chrome bezels. Just let me know.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Ya, we aren't in an extreme hurry since we're still about two months away from even having the truck. But we'll need 3 more M6s in red with red lense and 6 total chrome bezels for them. Then 8 of the 900 series in red with red lense and chrome bezels for them. Also will need 2 600 series in red with red lense and chrome bezels. Just let me know.
Got your Price Quote.. let me know where to send it to.. its in a pdf from my dealer

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.