Help me light it up-new question 12/9

SBFD-E-9

May 24, 2010
Washington IL
Hey guys,

Looking for some input for lights on my 2000 F-350. Currently all I have is my triple dashmiser on the dash. Its a crew cab, long bed. It has a 4 inch lift and 35 inch tires, so it sits off the ground quite a bit. I'm not looking tp spend a lot, so I was thinking of something like this: 4 TIR3s in the grille, HLF, 10-75 LP bracket with TIR3s to the side, TIR3s on the toolbox for rear warning. I had the thought to put my 4 section MX7000 on it, but I can't decide if I want a lightbar. What do you guys think?

Use: Volunteer Fire/EMS

Colors: Blue or blue/clear to the front, blue to the rear.

How would you light it up?

Dan

NEW QUESTION BELOW

**edit for photo**

ai9.photobucket.com_albums_a71_SBfirefinder08_1111101040.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cory y

May 21, 2010
Tirs under the tailgate between the bumper would be right in the eyeline of cars and pretty effective and protected. Along with the ones on the toolbox would be good

A lightbar on a lifted truck is not as effective and you run the risk of hitting it on stuff.

May 22, 2010
Central WV
I like what you suggested. A HLF will do wonders for you and the LEDs on the 1075 bracket will help give you intersection warning and some side warning. Four LED3s/TIR3s in the grill will do well and not cost a ton. I would do the LED3 as cory y suggested to the rear. Also, I agree to leave the lightbar off. I would maybe even sell or trade your triple dash miser for an LED dash light.

Do you do any road blocking? If so, I'd recommend some LED3s on the side of your tool box to give you some more side coverage. Just my opinion though.

Let me know if you need some LED3s or any other lights and I'll get you some great pricing on them.

SBFD-E-9

May 24, 2010
Washington IL
Farva118 said:
Use a piece of sheet metal and two bolts to sandwich the light to the grill.

Light, grill, sheetmetal. Very simple.

That is how I've done it before, but it doesn't look like that would work with this style grille. I'll have to try it I guess.

Dan

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
SBFD-E-9 said:
That is how I've done it before, but it doesn't look like that would work with this style grille. I'll have to try it I guess.

Dan

i've done that type of mounting before, but only on grills with smaller gaps. unfort., i don't think that it'll work well here (if at all), b/c the slots/spacing in the grill are larger and the tir6 might not have much of the grill to be "sandwiched" up against. i honestly think you'll have to go to lowes and make a custom bracket behind the grill onto which you can mount the tir6s, if u want the tir6's there (which i think might look nice).

with regards to the lighting setup, i personally don't like the idea of smaller lightheads tir3's in the grill area of a big vehicle. for me, big truck = larger grill lightheads (but they obvi don't have to be 900 series or anything that big lol)

on the other hand, if you don't go with the tir6, i think that a pair of the M-series lightheads would look great there (they are also a larger so u may be able to "sandwich" mount them + linear will give u some off-axis) + due to the elevation of your vehicle and the fact that u've already got a dash light covered, i think that grill lights should be a focus for you since they are what ppl will see for the most part when you're pulling up behind them. if you put the m-series on the grill, then you can move the tir6 to the sides or rear of the toolbox (and if you park on scene a fair amount of time, maybe a pair of linz6 on a rear LP bracket w/ some amber thrown in there)

i def. would go for the HLF and the 10-75 bracket, but (budget permitting), i'd look at going w/ the ghosts on the bracket instead of tir3's

good luck ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
If you in a bit a a budget crunch, then you could just get some pimp pods instead of the TIR3s. I would absolutely get the HLF, it'll work wonders. Then, put 4 pimp pods in the grill,get the 10-75 LP bracket and get a six LED pimp pod in blue/white*. Put four on you tool box, one on each side and a pair on the back. I would also put another pair between the rear bumper and your tailgate,then "X" flash them with the rear facing lights on the tool box. Where ever you are will, I would also suggest getting 6 LED pods.

*I'm normally not a fan of split lightheads, but I do believe that two colors grab attention faster then just one. Seeing as to how this will be his only ICL, this is the one time I allow myself an exception.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.