Help on removal of a CJ184

Maxim2Eng

Premium Member
Platinum Supporter
I have been invited to receive a pair of CJ184s for free, but I have to remove them from the truck (Ford C cab). Since it has been about 50 years since I last installed one (and I’ve slept since then) my recollection may be a tad rusty. Please correct me if I’m wrong:

Remove dome; Remove lamp holders; Remove drive belt; Remove screws holding skirt to base and remove skirt; Remove bolts holding base to vehicle; Remove wiring.

Did I miss anything? If anyone has a set of instructions they could share, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks and cheers!

Yes, as coop359 says, they're probably just attached to the roof with the customary bolts, so just a question of removing the liner to get to them (and hopefully the nuts aren't too rusted--I've occasionally had to use a Dremel with metal cutting wheel to get them off). Don't see a need to completely dismantle the beacon just for removal.

Good luck!

OP
OP
Maxim2Eng

Maxim2Eng

Premium Member
Platinum Supporter
Thanks guys...I’ll opt for the easy way. The truck has long since been out of commission and will be scrapped—already got the Q off of it some time ago—so not to worried about scratching anything.

toon80

Veteran Member
Picked up many beacons this way a few years back, before 10 trucks went to the crusher. Remove the liner, bolts are there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RFGROUP

Secure Browsing

Top Bottom