Help!!!!!! Whelen Liberty rear lights flash after switch is turned off

exphillycop

Apr 18, 2012
Holmes Beach, Florida
The rear lights (one on each side) will continue flashing after power is cut. also they will begin to flash if any power is provided to the ligh tbar via take down, alley or arrow...... any help would be appreciated. its a standard liberty bar.

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
Sounds like something in your lightbar harness could be shorted or it could be an issue with your controller..... has there been any coffe spilled into the switch box at any point in time that you can recall? An issue like your describing can turn bad quickly if not addressed.

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Did you have to pull battery power to get them back off?
I'd lean towards the I/O board in the bar starting to fail

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
battery cable for the light bar? or battery cable for the whole vehicle? just curious to know if anything else could be back feeding through the vehicle somewhere

exphillycop

Apr 18, 2012
Holmes Beach, Florida
I PULLED THE FUSE IN THE LINE FOR THE LIGHT BAR AND ALSO PULLED THE BATTERY CABLE...... I HAD THE BAR APART AND NOTHING WAS CRIMPED..... THESE LIGHT FLASH AS SOON AS POWER IS PUT TO THE LIGHT. THEN AFTER I CUT POWER THEY STAY OFF UNTIL SOMETHING IS ACTIVATED AGAIN.

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
I remember a thread like this awhile back....2 or so years.
The symptoms are the same. I believe it was narrowed down to a bad I/O board if I remember correctly.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.