help, which bulbs for the vector light bar?

Brian01234

Nov 3, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
hi, does anyone know which light bulbs I need for the vector light bar, and where to get them? I heard they had ones that would work at Home Depot? Thanks for your help!

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Those are Smart Pods, which use a 795 (50W) halogen lamp.

For display purposes, a standard single filament automotive lamp (93, 1195, P21, etc) can be used as a low power replacement.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Go to any auto parts store and have them look up "795" or "795X" under bulbs. They are listed as "Emergency Lamp Bulbs" on the packaging. Each pod takes one bulb.

BTW, that's a LVPD Vision. isn't it ;) ?

Brian01234

Nov 3, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Go to any auto parts store and have them look up "795" or "795X" under bulbs. They are listed as "Emergency Lamp Bulbs" on the packaging. Each pod takes one bulb.

BTW, that's a LVPD Vision. isn't it ;) ?

Thank you so much!!  Yes, I am making a prop police car in Vegas.  But may be selling this light bar, its to hard to take on and off when driving on public roads.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Thank you so much!!  Yes, I am making a prop police car in Vegas.  But may be selling this light bar, its to hard to take on and off when driving on public roads.

Could you just put a cover on it? They used to sell an Out Of Service cover for them, not sure how the laws are in Nevada....

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
You could also buy some junk lenses and spray paint them black so all ya have to do is swap lenses around instead of taking the whole bar on and off each time you travel. Once you get to a show, 5 min with a power drill and Philips bit to switch the black-outs to your reds, clears, and blues.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.