Help with Code 3 700 flasher

Southern5

Mar 12, 2017
Ozark al
I'm having trouble getting these wired correctly. I am trying to get two flashers on the front of the lightbar and two on the back. I have a code 3 mx7000. relays 'click' when power goes to them. Lights work when I put power directly to them. I'm not sure how to test these other than to listen for the relays. The grey wires run to the lights i'm trying to flash. Black is grounded to the lightbar and the white and orange wires went to the 6 pin connector. Any help would be appreciated..

Attachments

• IMG_0247.jpg
    IMG_0247.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0248.jpg
    IMG_0248.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 7

Southern5

Mar 12, 2017
Ozark al
Do the lights light up at all? If there's any power going to that white wire it's going to cause them to not flash.

I can't get them to light up going through the flasher at all. I can put power to the lights directly and they light up, so I know the lights work. This flasher is old, so it may just need replacing. I don't know much at all about this stuff and even less about relays.

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
Use a meter to make sure you good power, ground and activation power. If you do, and the lights work when bypassing the flasher then you just need a new flasher.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.