Help with custom flashback shield

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
So I have a venom interior bar from Tom, great bar!! It's in my 2011 Ram and the flashback is crazy and damn there blinding at night. From what I found searching around on here, people recommend ABS plastic in 1/8 inch. So I ordered a sheet of that...now my thing is, how do I measure what Im supposed to cut to make it flush with the windshield? I'm no expert when it comes to that type of thing...any suggestions?? :crazy:

cybercop

May 31, 2010
USA, TX/South
From what I can see in the Venom photos there is already a flashback shield Have you thought of place a piece of foam or weather stripping along the edges of the bar so that it fits up nicely up against the glass of your vehicle and also stops most of the light reflection from the light?

The only reason I ask is because I have a FS ILS on my patrol unit and there is a piece of thin rubber that prevents the light from flashing back towards the bottom and it keeps the light snug up against the windshield.

hitman38367

May 23, 2010
West Tennessee, USA
I have a friend that has a Venom and it does have a flash shield but his is too short to reach windshield as well. We had to make an extension for his as well. It's a great light for the money though. Hella bright.

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Thanks for the help guys...as mentioned above, the flashback shield is just too short and doesn't really even come close to being snug up against the windshield...I got some of the plastic sheets on order and should be here in a couple days.

FatherOfFour

Nov 4, 2012
Indiana
firemedic10584 said:
Thanks for the help guys...as mentioned above, the flashback shield is just too short and doesn't really even come close to being snug up against the windshield...I got some of the plastic sheets on order and should be here in a couple days.

Where'd you order the ABS from? I need to build a couple flashback shields, and I've got another project I need ABS for, but everything I've found is stupid expensive!

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
FatherOfFour said:
Where'd you order the ABS from? I need to build a couple flashback shields, and I've got another project I need ABS for, but everything I've found is stupid expensive!

I ordered it off Ebay..it was like 8 bucks for a 12x12x1/8 sheet

BMT

Apr 22, 2017
Boston
I use Ultra Bright Light and had the same problem with flashback. I don't think there is any company that eliminates it out of the box.

The simplest way to overcome the flashback is just black Gorilla Tape. Absolutely no light enters the cabin after you just seal up the holes. Plus, if your careful when installing, it looks like it came with the unit. All for the cost of a roll of tape. Good luck!

Reactions: jabbeaux

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.