Help with Touchmaster install

JCrippen

May 10, 2021
Washington State
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this site, so I hope this is ok to post.

I am a Police Officer in Washington State and work for a small agency with very limited budget. My question is, I have a refurbished Unitrol TM4 and wanted to switch it out with my current controller. I have a 2014 Tahoe with a Whelen controller and a Liberty Lightbar. I am nearing the end of my career and this is probably my last patrol car and I want to switch out the Whelen light bar / siren controller with the TM4? I was told by the place that does our installs the TM4 will not work, so not sure if they just did not want to do the work or it is not compatible.

I hope this is not confusing. Anyone in western Washington on here?

Thanks

Jeff

Heineken

Feb 20, 2021
Eastern USA
Which Whelen control head do you currently have installed on your vehicle? If it's a unit that has the "brains" of the siren in the trunk of the vehicle, it's going to be a lot more difficult to change the sirens out because the TM4 is self-contained and doesn't need a "brain" to function.

The TM4 has it's outputs on the back of the device, all you need is to set up a fuse and circuit breaker system.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.