Hey Axixtech Guys - Dual Color Minibar?

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Does anyone know if Axixtech makes, or is planning on making a dual color minibar? A guy here at work is looking for one, so he can run Blue for Fire, and Red for EMA.

Thanks!

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Axixtech already struggles to provide the dual-color "chameleon" devices which are in their catalog. I would love to see more of it too (beyond the single MicroMax), but I'm not sure the market volume is there to justify the manufacturing cost.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6577

May 21, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
TheGatekeeper said:
Axixtech already struggles to provide the dual-color "chameleon" devices which are in their catalog. I would love to see more of it too (beyond the single MicroMax), but I'm not sure the market volume is there to justify the manufacturing cost.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6577

I think you hit the nail right on the head. There are only a handfull of customers that have the need for dual color. If the market was larger we'd see more companies targeting it.

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
code60a said:
I think you hit the nail right on the head. There are only a handfull of customers that have the need for dual color. If the market was larger we'd see more companies targeting it.

I think it's a matter of getting the requests back up the chain.

Since I started carrying the Extreme MicroMax Chameleon, I keep getting requests for a Dual Extreme MicriMax Chameleon. The problem is two fold for me. 1) The number of items I need to order to get them, and 2) I get the requests somewhat sporadically because folks see the single, they ask for the dual.

Unfortunately, no one likes to sit on inventory for anything that takes time to move.

The other issue I see is no one source for advertising products to the masses for Axixtech, currently it's left up to the distributors and dealers. I think if the products were marketed to the masses the same as Whelen, Sho-Me, 911EP, etc. there would be a whole lot more interest. But since no one knows that Axixtech was the first with true dual color technology and that it is available, the demand isn't there. Imagine how far ahead of everyone else Axixtech would be, if the had done a nationwide ad blitz 3 - 4 years ago when they came out with the dual color light heads.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Dan, I agree 100%.

Their marketing strategy was terrible (if there was any). Mind you, when you see their sales people (see my other thread), it would appear Axixtech suffers from a serious skill-deficit in their sales & marketing dept... Too bad, coz the products are really good.

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
SireLite said:
Is it not possible to take two single dual color MicroMax's lightheads and mount them in a double Micromax housing?

Nope, light heads for the Extreme Dual MicroMax are smaller (similar to mini Extreme light heads), the light heads for the Extreme MicriMax are full size heads.

I would have to go back and look, but I believe Axixtech only makes (made) 3 sizes of deck/dash housings.

The single full size head (Hawk-i, MicroMax, Extreme MicroMax06 and 09)

The single mid size head (Titan 4 and Titan 6)

The dual small size head (Hawk-i II, Dual Extreme, Dual MicriMax)

No housing made for dual full size heads.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
mjMIff said:
I would like all red with the option to change front and back to solid white for scene lighting :)

Federal Signal is working on something like that on some new lightbars. You can get dual color mini-bars from 911 Signal. Check them out on youtube. Here is their link: http://www.911signal.com/

360 Scene lighting is not a bad idea, or at least lighting that can be directed to any side of the vehicle. I don't know where it is written that scene lights have to point down. I've never driven an emergency vehicle that had take downs and alleys or even spot lights that pointed down. Even on the EMS and Fire Vehicles I have driven, they point straight out. They're more useful that way.

mjMIff

Jun 2, 2010
Mid-Michigan
Thanks!

It's just for those times when we are on an accident or blocking or on a fire, it would be nice to leave the rear flashing and the front all steady burn white, or vice versa if I am facing the other direction.

I know it wouldn't be a lot of light, just something so were are not tripping all over crap, each other etc.. Headlights are OK, just not very good as a flood light source.. All our trucks have appropriate scene lighting but we don't always park by the apparatus..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.