HHS-3207 won't connect to Command or HHS Programmer

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
I just got a brand-new Whelen HHS-3207 yesterday. I wired everything up this morning, but for the life of me I cannot get it to program. It doesn't even recognize that it's connected via USB. I tried three different cables and two different PCs with the same problem. The unit powers on and the default programming works fine - siren sounds and the outputs output. It's a USB-C connection, if that matters. I tried a USB-C to USB-C and a USB-A to USB-C cable and it didn't make a difference. Also made sure to install the USB drivers.

Any ideas? The mfg date on the unit is 10/21...maybe I can't program it because it's from the future? ;-)

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
I just got a brand-new Whelen HHS-3207 yesterday. I wired everything up this morning, but for the life of me I cannot get it to program. It doesn't even recognize that it's connected via USB. I tried three different cables and two different PCs with the same problem. The unit powers on and the default programming works fine - siren sounds and the outputs output. It's a USB-C connection, if that matters. I tried a USB-C to USB-C and a USB-A to USB-C cable and it didn't make a difference. Also made sure to install the USB drivers.

Any ideas? The mfg date on the unit is 10/21...maybe I can't program it because it's from the future? ;-)
We’ve been told that it is an issue with the firewalls on the computers. Im not sure what the answer is, but try un-installing command, and re-installing. Sometimes that helps. When you try to connect, is the Hhs connected to power. Try unplugging power and see if it will connect. When you click the transfer button, and the little window pops up that says if you are connected or not, there should be a little “refresh” arrow in the corner. Try clicking that, and see if it connects.

Reactions: fp13-2

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
We’ve been told that it is an issue with the firewalls on the computers. Im not sure what the answer is, but try un-installing command, and re-installing. Sometimes that helps. When you try to connect, is the Hhs connected to power. Try unplugging power and see if it will connect. When you click the transfer button, and the little window pops up that says if you are connected or not, there should be a little “refresh” arrow in the corner. Try clicking that, and see if it connects.
Thanks for the reply!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.