HHS2200 Help

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
Having an issue lately with my Whelen HHS2200. When running code, with everything on, while switching between siren tones, I hit the Air Horn (momentary) and it seemed as though it stayed on slightly longer than I depressed it, and then immediately after, everything turned off. Every lighting output, even the backlight on the remote. Everything remained off, until I hit another button on the remote. That caused the backlight to come back on and for everything to begin acting normal again. This has happened on a couple occasions.

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
This issue only arrises when using the siren/horn. The only wires I have connected to anything from the siren speaker harness is the + and - speaker wires. Are any of the other 3 supposed to be connected to anything? (Fuse is in outlet #9 position). A little confused as to whether the white/black supposed to be connected to anything?

ai.imgur.com_MehLO1V.png

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
After repeatedly being told I was wrong and there was no issue, I ended up finding a short in the handheld controller cord, and got it replaced under warranty

Reactions: Bvfa23

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.