HHS2200 horn ring to air horn

May 5, 2011
US Mid-WI
Having a bit of a confusing time trying to get an HHS2200 unit to activate the air horn via the vehicle horn ring. Found a post a few years ago with someone trying to do the same thing, but all that was mentioned was that it has been configured, not how.

I have the horn wiring routed through the HHS unit and it will ring the vehicle horn, so the circuit is closing properly when activated. I tried messing around a bit in the software but through the few options I tried - no luck, but I didn't want to change too much in blind attempts.

If anybody has an example or guide on how to do this function, please post.

Thanks

Thermoman24

Apr 26, 2012
New York
Wouldn't it be under the Horn Ring options?

Horn Ring Inputs (Item 5-4 WHT/BLK or 5-9 BLK/WHT)

If Hands-Free siren control is desired, the vehicle horn ring circuit must be

integrated into the siren system as shown in the wiring diagrams on page

Do you have the horn ring wired correctly?

Screen Shot 2013-11-09 at 15.42.20 .png

Screen Shot 2013-11-09 at 15.52.44 .png

Last edited by a moderator:
May 5, 2011
US Mid-WI
I figured it out yesterday after calling Whelen. They didn't exactly give me the exact answer but guided me towards the right area. Still a bit unclear on how I have it wired vs what the manual says is reversed but works.

One of things that was happening is when 12V was applied to the input 4 white/blk, the air horn would sound continuously even after power was removed. I wired everything up using both examples and it would still sound the air horn continuously.

In the end uploaded a reset page of the horn ring and it started working. Oddly enough even though I clicked the reset for that tab I had never changed anything. Since it's working now I'm not exactly interested in tinkering more!

Just wondering if the whelen software screwed something up the first time and a reset fixed it. I've already had a few pushes to the siren unit not apply all the functions I changed (for lighting). Just hoping the actual physical unit is the same quality as older units and it's just the software that sucks.

JM6402

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
Sorry to rehash but I'm having the same issue and can't seem to figure it out. The horn ring works properly when I press the H/F button to activate Handsfree, but can't for the life of me get the horn ring to work when the Hands-free is not activated.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.