HHS2200 issues

Twheel4

Apr 17, 2021
Arkansas
So I'm dealing with a huge conglomerate of issues for our local SO.

They've sent me a used Legacy light bar, a used HHS2200, and a used Whelen Control Module.

Now.. the light bar and hhs2200 were hooked together previously.

The module was not.

So I thought that by mimicking the settings in the CM's software I could make it work.

Which more or less, it did. The patterns are what I've chosen.

My problem is that the HHS2200 is having the following issue with button presses:

Press 1: light on remote comes on, light pattern comes on.
Press 2: lights stay on, remote light goes off.
Press 3: lights go off, remote light comes on
Press 4: remote light goes off, light bar stays off.

Has anyone had this happen? What have I missed?

Last edited by a moderator:

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
So I'm dealing with a huge conglomerate of issues for our local SO.

They've sent me a used Legacy light bar, a used HHS2200, and a used Whelen Control Module.

Now.. the light bar and hhs2200 were hooked together previously.

The module was not.

So I thought that by mimicking the settings in the CM's software I could make it work.

Which more or less, it did. The patterns are what I've chosen.

My problem is that the HHS2200 is having the following issue with button presses:

Press 1: light on remote comes on, light pattern comes on.
Press 2: lights stay on, remote light goes off.
Press 3: lights go off, remote light comes on
Press 4: remote light goes off, light bar stays off.

Has anyone had this happen? What have I missed?
What are your button properties set to? They should be “press on, press off.” Make sure that you don’t have anything set as a timer, or “go to next state”
Its possible that you changed something that the program didn’t like. I would just start a new program from scratch.

Twheel4

Apr 17, 2021
Arkansas
What are your button properties set to? They should be “press on, press off.” Make sure that you don’t have anything set as a timer, or “go to next state”
Its possible that you changed something that the program didn’t like. I would just start a new program from scratch.
I have everything set to "press on, press off" with no timers, no go to next state.

I thought perhaps my file was corrupted so I rebuilt it six or seven times from scratch, even tried a few changes in the midst (added save state, removed it.. added wrapping, removed it..) just to make sure my program WAS changing something.

But more or less it always comes back to this same issue.

I feel like part of my issue is having to program that hhs2200 with a separate program from the WECAN module.

This is the first time I have ever had to program one separately.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.