HHS3200/4200 TA feature

May 5, 2011
US Mid-WI
Hello,
Hello,

Looking at purchasing a HHS3200 unit, but had a question on a function I’m not quite understanding from the install instructions. I sent this off to Whelen but wanted to post it here to for more feedback.

On the handheld remote, the option for TA Display seems to activate outputs 7 and 8. Yet in the install diagram it says output 8 isn’t even used.

I can see the possible flash patterns in the software to set, but I’m not quite understanding how 2 outputs could allow or produce the flash patterns listed in the software that usually require 4 or more outputs. On the handheld or other 2 control heads the TA indicator already has 6 or so LEDs to show the pattern.

The traffic advisors I’ve worked with and currently have now have 6 or 8 individual contacts so it can make the various directional patterns from a control head.

I guess I could see the 4200 having the wecan port to allow for other functions but the 3200 doesn't have that.

Boggling the mind at the moment....

Could someone respond back with a more detailed explanation of how this function works?

Thanks

Thank You

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
Hey, so heres my explanation, I hope it helps. They recommend you using a TA that only requires one input per direction. So one output controls the left TA, and one output controls the right TA. In the installation instructions that you read, those numbers where it says that number 8 isn’t used, is referring to the pin-out, not outputs. Output 8, is pin 9.

May 5, 2011
US Mid-WI
Hmm, so if this is the general way lightbars do their TA wiring, would this be kind of a mute point to look into or try and configure with the majority of the standalone TA’s?
I have a TACTLD1 that is controlling my current arrow stick.
don’t see anything in the wiring that would allow 2 different activations, just the aux single input wire.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
I don’t have much experience with anything other than Whelen, and 99% of what I deal with is WeCan, so I really couldn’t answer that question.

May 5, 2011
US Mid-WI
No worries.
I see a few Whelen TA sticks available which follow the wiring that has been described here. But if what I have works, just controlled by a separate controller. Don’t see the need to go out and buy a whole new arrow stick just so the HHS unit can control it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.