HHS3200 config question

May 5, 2011
US Mid-WI
Ended up going for a 3200 unit I was asking about earlier. Trying to get some config stuff done ahead of time but the learning curve from the 2200 to 3200 software is proving a bit hard.
For the sake of familiarity I'm trying to mirror over the settings from the 2200. The hiccup I'm running into is override tones. The 2200 software had it fairly black and white, here's the tone and here is the override tone.
But in the 3200 software I'm not either seeing or understanding how to accomplish the same function.
Under the tones area for a specific button, let's say T3, I can select turn on for the internal siren and select the tone I want. But I don't see where you would specify what the override tone would be while that button/function is activated. Can only select 1 option from the drop down menu.

Can anyone help guide me on this?

Thanks

billyfromhill

Nov 30, 2014
Western New York
It's a real PITA. Look at the stock config and copy how the Wail, Yelp, and T3 buttons are configured as they should have override from the factory.

May 5, 2011
US Mid-WI
I did look at the default config and I think I’m grasping how things are set up. Barely. Does anyone have some words of wisdom about how the virtual events makes sense?

Heineken

Feb 20, 2021
Eastern USA
Whelen makes a YouTube series about it.

If you're still having trouble you can upload the config here and I'll take a look at it. I've set up about 15 patrol cars so far.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
I did look at the default config and I think I’m grasping how things are set up. Barely. Does anyone have some words of wisdom about how the virtual events makes sense?
Have you read through this?

Its pretty complicated. It would be difficult to explain it without a full on lesson. I get sent to training put on by Whelen. I understand how to use virtuals, but I still avoid it. Ive written dozens of programs in Command, and have never needed to write any new virtuals. You can do very cool things with them, but really not necessary. The Whelen reps just stopped by our shop a couple days ago, and I think that they said the new Core training program is three days long!

Heineken

Feb 20, 2021
Eastern USA
I've never programmed a HHS3200 before however I went ahead a made a default config that should have everything in working order. I make no promises.

Attachments

• 140324 Default.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 16
  • HHS3200.png
    HHS3200.png
    53 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: quang phan
May 5, 2011
US Mid-WI
Thanks for the config file. I think it's lining up with what I'm doing now. Best way I learn is simply trial and error. so when this unit every comes in, I'll probably spend the better part of an afternoon adjusting things once I see how the unit is behaving in the vehicle.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.