HHS3200 Questions

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Got an NIB HHS3200 that was recently manufactured. It's been programmed and works great for bench tests but ONLY if it's hooked up to the laptop with its program. If it's not hooked up to the laptop, it doesn't fire up! Why is this and how can I fix it? Getting a bit tired of always bringing the laptop to the workshop just to get the unit to turn on for bench tests!

Second question is that are the control heads hard programmed into the unit? I have a model 3200, but would prefer a Carbide/CanTrol style control head from an HHS3206 or 3207. If I got either of those, would they work with my unit if I changed the control head type in Command?

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Got an NIB HHS3200 that was recently manufactured. It's been programmed and works great for bench tests but ONLY if it's hooked up to the laptop with its program. If it's not hooked up to the laptop, it doesn't fire up! Why is this and how can I fix it? Getting a bit tired of always bringing the laptop to the workshop just to get the unit to turn on for bench tests!

Second question is that are the control heads hard programmed into the unit? I have a model 3200, but would prefer a Carbide/CanTrol style control head from an HHS3206 or 3207. If I got either of those, would they work with my unit if I changed the control head type in Command?

Do you have the ignition sense wire hooked up? I ran into that problem.

I had all the power and ground wires hooked up but still wouldn’t come on. Once I wired up the ignition sense wire up, worked up perfectly.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Do you have the ignition sense wire hooked up? I ran into that problem.

I had all the power and ground wires hooked up but still wouldn’t come on. Once I wired up the ignition sense wire up, worked up perfectly.

That nailed it! Thanks!

Either you wired it wrong or it’s defective would be my guess. You should be able to change the control heads

Got it working! Followed wiring to a T as per install manual. If was defective, still under warranty (whew!). Whelen is merciless when it comes to post warranty costs!

The issue now is finding a 3206 or 3207 control head! Any suggestions?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.