HHS4200

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Fake edit.

Here is all the info whelen is providing me at this time.

Attachments

• SKM_554e17110803570.pdf
    103.2 KB · Views: 69

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Anyone able to get more info on this yet?

Or how many siren tones are available? Or find the programming software online?

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Hmm...looks like they went with the Carbide handheld controller, which is very nice but frankly, I expected that. Love the addition of the new control head options and of course the WC port :D . The systems with the WC External Amp would be very nice. Ditto for a WC lightbar. One of those with either dual tones or hooked up to a Legacy (which I have an established and strong affinity for ;) ), would be a dream come true. Wonder what the prices will be? Probably a bit steep. Hopefully some surplus ones are available here ASAP! Nice part is that HHS2200s will likely drop in price quite a bit :). That works to a lot of peoples' benefits.

Anyone able to get more info on this yet?

Or how many siren tones are available? Or find the programming software online?

My best guess is that they'll use the same tones as Carbide, which as we both know, means some extra tones :). Hope that they add the Wail-B, Yelp-B and Piercer-B. Still can't figure out what makes them different than the standard ones, as I haven't heard them outside of Carbide's software. They'd be a very nice addition, nonetheless.

As for the programming software, we can only hope that it's online soon. It'll be fun to play around with. Already have some programs in mind...

Just to throw in my two cents, I was expecting the 4200 to have two WC ports, but then again it'd more or less become Carbide Lite.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
EDIT (mods please merge with previous post): Looks like eclipse 175 said $390 for the 3200. That's not half bad at all. Now I'm getting tempted to call the local distributor, but then again those guys charge an obscene markup. Hopefully SIRENNET or one of the others will have them soon. I'll be glad to bite the bullet for shipping and tariffs for one of those with any of the control heads...

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada

eclipse175

Aug 12, 2013
Northeast
Whelen told me they shut down production of the 2200 this month and switch over to production of the 3200/4200. Possibly a 8-12 week lead time from order placed

Should of waited to buy my 2200. Oh well

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
that price is from sirennet

Really? That's music to my ears :) ! Might be worth the exchange rate and the $110.00 or so for shipping to Canada as well as the lead time. It'd be one hell of a nice little present to get in the mail :) ! One can only hope. Already been playing around with the programming software and it's very tempting to shell out some bucks for one.

Then again, I could just get a 2200 for cheap. Their prices should be dropping like crazy. Still a tough decision, to be honest. Love the Carbide handheld control head as the default and the options for the other control heads.

eclipse175, do you know offhand how much the 4200s will go for?

rescue567

Dec 11, 2011
Plains Pa.
Really? That's music to my ears :) ! Might be worth the exchange rate and the $110.00 or so for shipping to Canada as well as the lead time. It'd be one hell of a nice little present to get in the mail :) ! One can only hope. Already been playing around with the programming software and it's very tempting to shell out some bucks for one.

Then again, I could just get a 2200 for cheap. Their prices should be dropping like crazy. Still a tough decision, to be honest. Love the Carbide handheld control head as the default and the options for the other control heads.

eclipse175, do you know offhand how much the 4200s will go for?

Got a price of 454.99 for the 4200 from Strobes n More. They told me lead time is only 2 to 4 weeks for the 4200.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Got a price of 454.99 for the 4200 from Strobes n More. They told me lead time is only 2 to 4 weeks for the 4200.

Not bad at all. Again, factoring in the shipping, and the exchange rate, it'll be well worth it for a WC-ready siren :D :D :D!!

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Been playing around with it. They rolled the 3200 and 4200 into the new software. Only played around with the 4200 and it's pretty much identical to Carbide/Sapphire's. Just tried a test program for the 3200 and the programmer is all the same layout as the Carbide/Sapphire software. Far better and more intuitive than the 2200 software, hands down.

Last edited:

eclipse175

Aug 12, 2013
Northeast
I took a look as well. It seems cleaner but as if functionality is the same. Appears there are more inputs than the 2200 but otherwise same outputs. I didn’t see anything special I could do aside from new tones?

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
It's a lot cleaner, I find. I can't say that I'm a big fan of the 2200's software. It was clunky, IMO. I mean, if you went up to the 4200, you could do a ton more with it, on account of the WC port. Played around with a 4200 program and to be honest, it's a bit like Diet Carbide. When this series was announced, I was expecting the 3200 to have a WC port and the 4200 to have two. Now that would have been nice...

eclipse175

Aug 12, 2013
Northeast
I’m not as well versed with some of the wecan stuff. Could an inner edge XLP wecan duo bar be connected directly to the 4200 wecan port?

The website said comparable with the new interior bars and then something about external wecan modules?

eclipse175

Aug 12, 2013
Northeast
Played with the software a bit. No "bar pattern" support for inner edge programming. Nothing meaningful in a response from Whelen Support about adding this feature.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.