hlf for audi??

emtmike

May 24, 2010
brooklyn,ny
i was wondering which hlf would work with audi cars, i have been thinking about putting in hlf for sometime, but finally decided to do it, i feel it will really help out ,

any ideas or places where i can find out. all the help is much appreciated

thanks

emtmike

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
Are the lights the HID's? If so, you're out of luck. However, if they high beams are still halogen, you should be able to hook a flasher up to them. What kind of flasher depends on whether it's positive or negative switched...

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
What model is it ?

I would strongly discourage playing with HID housing on those Euro wheels, and go for the foglight housings instead.

emtmike

May 24, 2010
brooklyn,ny
ehh always wanting something else, plus hlf are the most effective warning power you can have, even though some may disagree mr civic

emtmike

May 24, 2010
brooklyn,ny
yea 911 im still driving her, she is putting up with my abuse, plus i got the lights , well the other lights installed into her, for now , no clue about the explorer, but back on topic, too late to steer clear of messing with it, i have a few leds , siren speaker and strobes in the car, just wanting a simple hlf to finnish up everything

May 22, 2010
Central WV
I'm not sure what HLF you would need. Your local Audi dealer should be able to tell you what type of headlight system your car has and that should enable one of use to find you a flasher. Also, you could always go with some white LED spot/flood lights on a wig wag patter to give you the effect of a HLF if there is a place to mount them. Plus then you could have them steady burn for TDs or scene lights ;) Only down side to the LEDs is that they will be more expensive than the HLF :p

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.