HLF Wiring Question for Chevy Tahoe SSV

engine173351

Nov 21, 2012
Nebraska
Hey all. I have a 2010 Chevy Tahoe SSV that didn’t come with headlight flasher pre-installed (already checked the build sticker for the “6J7” code and the right headlight/right fender area for a flasher module). It also didn’t come with the loose red/green wire coiled under the passenger-side dash, though it does have a red/green wire that’s bundled in the “6J3” harness under the center dash with a Delphi connecter.

If I install a headlight flasher module inline with the right headlight, would I have to cut the red/green wire away from the Delphi connector and attach that to the switch? Also, which wire under the dash would be a 12-volt power source for the switch?

Appreciate your help, all.

GranPrix

May 23, 2010
FL
That green/red wire is your switch wire. For example Install a sound-off signal flasher that is plug n play and the green/red wire to a 12v switch

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOHCZC

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.