home built center console

I built a custom center console for my 1999 Ford Taurus wagon. It is built out of 1/2" particle board. Right now it only holds my "home built" switch box found under tips & tricks forum but will eventually hold a cb and either a scanner or 2way radio. I am going to put a 2 place cup holder on the front of the console to leave more room for future equipment.

1289247488143.jpg

I am planning on a storage compartment under a hinged armrest at the rear. I am going to use a hammered finish paint in a color that matches (or close) interior color. The switch box is all under the top and the switches are pretty much flush with top. Having them flush is great because I won't bump them and turn my lights on by accident as easily.

already added ;-) also added a 3-place 12v "adapter" set up on the last switch (only fused at 10 amp until I can get everything hard wired from battery)

updated pic coming soon

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.