For Sale Homemade all light Twinsonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
"It's alive! Rah-haah-ahh-hah" (insert evil laugh).
Actually, it looks very well done. Someone had some talent to create this. Props! We have all seen worse, but this guy has some talent. Look at those mounting feet he made. Fairly complex!

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
I thought in an old thread these were discussed and it was determined that there was a certain dept. that had their shop make some, or something along those lines. I know All light Twins have been discussed in the past for sure but cant recall what thread (if it even exists still) it would be in.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
If I was local.. I'd make an offer... probably make a good display piece.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
That's... uhhhhh... wow? Definitely not factory as Federal had stopped making the Twinsonic well before the all-light lightbar became a reality. I've always thought that a universal turn signal behind the mirrors in the model 12 was a pretty good idea and a simple modification, but not on a 12X. As for the center section, I'm guessing there is a pair of independently driven rotators and the straps keep the domes from flying off at highway speeds. It is certainly not worth $250 as a collector's piece.

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
If the center was chain driven also that would be cool. But independent and chain drive together , not huge on my list. would have been nice to see some stingers or even a set of par36 flashers

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
I thought in an old thread these were discussed and it was determined that there was a certain dept. that had their shop make some, or something along those lines. I know All light Twins have been discussed in the past for sure but cant recall what thread (if it even exists still) it would be in.
I think you were talking about the twins that had cutouts in the speaker section to add steady burn lights, but I do not think it was a federal option although I think we had that speaker section on a shelf at the station.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
No, I remember those too but I am talking about an all light center like this. Perhaps one of these was mentioned in that thread?

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
I think these twins look cool and could be made no problem, but I personally like to stick to factory type set-ups or at least period correct set-ups. Chain/Chain would definitely be the way to go though.

Windycity411

Jan 20, 2014
Illinois
If the price was cheaper, would be a nice grab. I would put 2 front and 2 rear par 36 sealed beams in there to keep it period correct. Perhaps if mixing FS and Code 3 would be tolerated add in a stinger facing front between aforementioned flashers.

Windycity411

Jan 20, 2014
Illinois
Yes, there was a thread on that. Constable police equipment in Illinois made the twin with cutouts in the speaker housing.

shibby1952

May 8, 2013
Iowa
Price went down a little, and it does say OBO.

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
I think it's cool too..............
I would have loved to put a clear center with red/blue outers
on my patrol car (way back when).
Sugar scoop speaker behind the grill...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.