• Chat is Back! It's helped many people get the information they've needed in the past... maybe we can get it busy enough to help a new generation of information seekers!

Hooking two WeCan interior bars to Cencom Sapphire?

dubs

Hey guys. I'm a little confused on this one and I couldn't find an answer in the search. Can I run a front AND rear Inner Edge FST/RST off the stock ford Sapphire that has the single WeCan port? The unit has the TA output but I was hoping the CAN setup can run it all. I'm new to this side of things and appreciate the help.

Nolines

Established Member
yeah this side of it listed on page 9 of the install guide..

Input Expansion Module (optional)
The optional input expansion module enables up to eight (8) non-CenCom
vehicle components and/or equipment to be integrated into the CenCom/
Cantrol network.
As shown in the tables below, connect
the input wire of the desired device
to the appropriate wire. For example, if the device in question requires a
Positive input signal, that input wire would be connected to the BROWN
expansion module pigtail wire. In this example, that device would be
recognized as “INPUT 1” by the CenCom/Cantrol system. However, if that
device requires a Negative input signal, that input wire would be
connected to the WHT/BRN expansion module pigtail wire. Note that this
device would be recognized as “INPUT 1” by the CenCom/Cantrol system.

though the carbide does list an expansion module that does this...

Expansion Modules
Supports up to two of the following:
Front WeCan Inner Edge®
Rear WeCan Inner Edge
Optional Remote 16 Output Modules

pdf 14585D WeCan Expansion Module

Attachments

OP
OP
D

dubs

Interesting, thanks guys. Does the 14585 work with the Sapphire's WeCan port? If so I can probably use the extra 8 outputs it would provide to achieve the same type of control with a non WeCan bar.

Nolines

Established Member
im not sure I think the 14585 was set more to the carbide cencom the optional expansion of the sapphire is not one I can find alot on, I would suggest a call to a whelen tech to get better info on that, does your sapphire have the expansion port already?

OP
OP
D

dubs

So another noob question. Can I hook a Liberty WeCan I/O board to the WeCan port of the sapphire and run the two interior bars that way? I guess I would need to get the LC model of the lightbars but that would leave the Sapphire to run most of the perimeter flashers and the I/O board just the bars. Any insight would be great. Thanks again guys. I'm slowly seeing why Cantrol is a thing.

Chat users

Latest Listings

Top Bottom