HORRIBLE Tir3 placement

HFD eng1ine

Jul 27, 2010
Essex County. MA
This is rediculus...

I attached pics, hopefully they work

The tir3s are placed on the hood facing practically upwards, also there tir3s on the sides facing in a downward angle also.

KP

HCS7.jpg

ST1300PA%20HCS3.jpg

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Yea that is idiotic, i would have made some custom brackets to keep them at 90 degrees!

HFD eng1ine

Jul 27, 2010
Essex County. MA
Fast LT1 said:
Yea that is idiotic, i would have made some custom brackets to keep them at 90 degrees!

I know right! Is it that hard to bend an L bracket!?

kP

WireKing

Dec 16, 2010
USA Southwest
Ive seen some 06+ Impalas that had a pair of them on the back truck lid just above the chrome bar and they were literally aiming like 30 degrees upward. Totally stupid. From a distance, it looked like twinkling Christmas lights.

HFD eng1ine

Jul 27, 2010
Essex County. MA
theroofable said:
Yeah, all the bikes around here are like that. Its a really good idea. Very effective

I think you are pulling my leg but anyways...it isnt really worth it...they would have to be at the perfect angle..

KP

norcalbusa

May 23, 2010
California
And the radio box on the tail is in direct conflict with Honda's mounting advisory.

Is that a California "Brentwood" (up on the Delta or Brentwood- nice part of LA County)?

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
HFD eng1ine said:
I think you are pulling my leg but anyways...it isnt really worth it...they would have to be at the perfect angle..

KP
Haha yes I sure am. Thats a terrible idea and a waste of 100 bucks. It deprives the bike of any decent primary warning.

HFD eng1ine

Jul 27, 2010
Essex County. MA
theroofable said:
Haha yes I sure am. Thats a terrible idea and a waste of 100 bucks. It deprives the bike of any decent primary warning.

lol thanks :D :D:D

KP

HFD eng1ine

Jul 27, 2010
Essex County. MA
TNFF412N said:
Its brentwood TN i am pretty sure i have seen this bike. not sure why they are using red 400s in the back when blue is the primary color in TN but oh well

Yea but those ls12 i think, lightsticks in the rear are a great idea, VERY bright. The 400's are linear but are positions vertically, therfore killing the off axis that the lighthead would have when positioned horizontally. Overall, good lighthead choices and ideas, just bad placement imho.

KP:)

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Sky-facing mounting must be for aerial identification while in pursuit (for the helicopters to find 'em).

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
That reminds me, I did a lightbar modification where two FS Cudas were mounted inside of the lightbars were facing straight up! Those cars were used for FOD checks at Ontario International Airport, speeding down the runway at certain times of the day. I think those cars were the only known CV's in the area to test the needle placement against the limit peg on the speed odometer.

Back to those lights, Isn't there's a far-fetched possibility that these lights are wired to a pre-emption system? I'm saying this with a smidgen of a chance it is.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.