house system

ffemtjoe

Feb 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
looking at installing a house system at the fire co. we got 5 speakers for free and would like to utilize them. We were thinking about getting a minitor 5 amplifier base also. Is there any way to connect extra speakers in the amp? Were looking at doin this with out having to spend alot of money

ChevyMano

Aug 28, 2012
Groton, CT
I just completed installing a system in our firehouse. Cost us roughly $1300 for all the parts and I did all the labor. Its not really difficult. We have our high band and low band base radios as Aux inputs and the fire station alerting system voc going into the telephone line in connection. Basically when the VOC "opens up" it silences all the other radios if they are putting over any audio and only the VOC system can be heard. I installed 3 new metal box speakers around the firehouse in the offices and dayroom. In the bays I put 2 bull horn type speakers. If you want more information I would be glad to help. You could easily wire up the out put of the pager amplified charger as an input instead of what we have done.

-Russo

edisonffa

Apr 8, 2020
Ohio
I just completed installing a system in our firehouse. Cost us roughly $1300 for all the parts and I did all the labor. Its not really difficult. We have our high band and low band base radios as Aux inputs and the fire station alerting system voc going into the telephone line in connection. Basically when the VOC "opens up" it silences all the other radios if they are putting over any audio and only the VOC system can be heard. I installed 3 new metal box speakers around the firehouse in the offices and dayroom. In the bays I put 2 bull horn type speakers. If you want more information I would be glad to help. You could easily wire up the out put of the pager amplified charger as an input instead of what we have done.

-Russo
Would you be willing to provide a parts list and any diagrams that you may have on this? I would hate to resurrect an old thread but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.