HOW DO I DO THIS?!

SMG

Oct 31, 2010
New to the whole automotive wiring thing...

Was wondering how I would wire 4 TIR3's in the grille so two of them flash together, followed by the other two. Would this require an external flasher, or do the TIR3's have this capability?

Also, what would be the best way to wire all of the lights to the battery? Should I use an external fuse box - any suggestions?

THANKS!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
you set 2 of the tir 3s to phase 1 of whatever pattern you want. then the other 2 to phase 2 of the pattern. wire all syn cables together.

Or to make it easier by a seperate LED flasher. set tir3's on steady and wire them to the flasher.

you dont wire the lights to the battery unless you want them on all the time. you might need a fuse but not a fuse box.

need a lil more detail on how you want to use these? single switch in the cab? switch box? etc etc etc

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
Jarred J. said:
you set 2 of the tir 3s to phase 1 of whatever pattern you want. then the other 2 to phase 2 of the pattern. wire all syn cables together.

Or to make it easier by a seperate LED flasher. set tir3's on steady and wire them to the flasher.

you dont wire the lights to the battery unless you want them on all the time. you might need a fuse but not a fuse box.

need a lil more detail on how you want to use these? single switch in the cab? switch box? etc etc etc

You do not need an external flasher - the extra money would go wasted as the light heads are more than capable of doing this. I achieved the effect that you are looking for by just doing what jarred mentioned originally. It might take you one or two tries but you will get it right. Check http://www.whelen.com for a wiring diagram.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.