How I spent my Memorial Day Afternoon

MATT3045

May 23, 2010
Akron Ohio area
About 1350 hours on Memorial day at the PD we got a call for a brown box at the post office, normally one would think no big deal it probably needs mailed. Well, this was a decent sized box with over 20 stamps and no return address labeled to a local bigger city police department lost and found. Needless to say, we got to cause all kinds of comotion out of that. Sheriff Bomb Squad, ATF, and Postal police all came out to play. Here are some pictures I took from my cell phone, they are not the best, but the get the point across.

Front of S.O. Bomb Squad Truck

ai576.photobucket.com_albums_ss201_matt3045_01.jpg

Another front shot

ai576.photobucket.com_albums_ss201_matt3045_02.jpg

rear shot

ai576.photobucket.com_albums_ss201_matt3045_03.jpg

trailer

ai576.photobucket.com_albums_ss201_matt3045_04.jpg

back of trailer. Personally, only 50 ft is kind of funny to me

ai576.photobucket.com_albums_ss201_matt3045_05.jpg

Bomb tech walking up

ai576.photobucket.com_albums_ss201_matt3045_06.jpg

bomb tech placing X-ray panel, he is next to the white fedex box

ai576.photobucket.com_albums_ss201_matt3045_07.jpg

bomb tech setting up portable X-ray machine, he is at the bottom of flag pole in picture

ai576.photobucket.com_albums_ss201_matt3045_08.jpg

At this point I stopped taking pictures and figured it might be a good idea to actually take some cover just in case. It turned out to be nothing, but even the bomb guys said that it sure had the makings and markings of being something. The box was left under a blue stand alone mailbox next to the white fedex box. I know it is kind of hard to tell by the pictures.

MATT3045

May 23, 2010
Akron Ohio area
A womans purse, keys, wallet, cell phone, and other junk inside the purse. She is from Akron and is a known prostitute with warrants for her. Hopefully she just got picked up by somebody and left leaving all of her stuff behind and is not dead somewhere here in town. Does not really matter anymore, the case has been turned over to the postal police, so let them deal with it.

On a side note, our local postal inspector has a pretty pimped out Suburban. Lights were cool, but all the gadgets he had in that thing. He asked me not to take a picture, so I didn't, but man that thing was cool.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.