How to change flash patterns with SOS bluePRINT

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
In doing some reading, I cannot find any resources for how I, the end user, can adjust anything myself on a car built with a SOS bluePRINT system.

I'd like to change some things myself, and continue every few months or so when I get bored. I assume it's a computer program like Whelens but I can't find anything.

Thanks guys! The car will be an Explorer and the upfitter isn't the most helpful. They know exactly what we want and refuse to listen to what we want.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Sounds like you need a new up fitter. It is proprietary software from SOS.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
soundoff wont even sell the blueprint equipment to a dealer if they are not certified and the cost for the certification has prevented some from going. They are holding onto blueprint alot better than whelen did with cantrol.

Apr 14, 2011
PG county MD
Yeah even if you had the software most of them are password protected.
It's also not as easy as using a Whelen product.
I'm a die hard Whelen fan and have been installing for about 16 years as a profession. But I was one of the first to be trained on the blueprint 3 on the east coast. This software is complex but you can do an infinite amount of things that Whelen can't do

Good luck.

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
One more question, I'm mapping out what I want the 8 auxiliary buttons on the bluePRINT controller to do. Obviously for the arrow stick one button controls left arrow, right arrow, then center out, with each subsequent button push advancing the pattern and then going off.

Can I (I being the up-fitter) add a 4th function to the arrow stick button sequence after the other 3? Basically after center out, I want a rear flash, where it alternates a couple of the rear-facing ambers.

Also, can the up-fitter program other aux buttons to do different things with subsequent button presses? Having only 8 aux buttons limits my options. I want a Cruise mode, as well as a Steady mode. Cruise lighting a couple of the R/B modules steady burn low power, Steady lighting every module steady burn full power. Can the up-fitter set one aux button to go Cruise on the first button press, then Steady on the second, then off?

remote_controler.jpg

Thanks guys. I wish there was a way I could do it myself, but oh well. I guess I have to accept it's not like the old days where you move some wires and give 12v to the pattern change wire.

Our up-fitter's quality cannot be beat, and I'm sure they'll do what I want with flash patterns, they just try to do it their way and I'm particular.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.