how to set 6th button on touchmaster delta to sweep tone

Jan 10, 2011
New Jersey
looking to install this with the momentary set on the 6th switch. now ive tested each screw terminal yet none put out power when this is pushed. i believe this button is set differently as i know with some tinkering different things can be done with these sirens dip switches and jumpers etc. if anyone could shed some insight on my problem that would be great. thanks.

Also i have the pdf install file no need to post that thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

jswwjw

Dec 10, 2010
Southern Indiana
You need to open up the unit and there is a series of selector switches. Go to Federal Signal or google "installing federal signal delta siren" and it should take you to an instruction manual which will show which "dip switch" you need to move.

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Switch 6 (RLS) is intended for a gun lock, so it has a separate ignition control wire. Connect the thin yellow IGNITION wire to +12V, and you should get switched output at terminal 2.

OR, some units have an internal jumper to allow operation of Switch 6 without ignition.

OR, there are jumpers to select momentary operation for buttons 1 and 5 as well (ignition wire not required for these).

Whatever works for you.

topsarge502

Apr 15, 2013
Akron,Ohio
When you take the cover off, with the unit facing towards you you will see a white plug right behind the second button. To the left of the plug is a set of 3 jumpers (at least that is where they are on mine). If buttons 1 and 5 are latching, then the first two jumpers from right to left will have black black "caps" on them. the 3rd one is for #6. It should not have a cap on it if you want it to be a momentary switch.

20140204_072055.jpg

If you look, I have a blue cap on the jumper for #6 so it will be latching. Page 9 of the manual somewhat shows the location.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
I know this works, it's how I did it in the FOP Expedition I built last month. Set the button to momentary with the jumpers, NOT dip switches, and test on both horn ring terminals to determine which one is the correct one.

PTRJason

Jul 25, 2010
Silverpeak, NV
It works. That's what I did to a Delta back in 07. The siren I replaced was a PA300 and a six button controller. So nothing was ever hooked to a horn ring. And I didn't want to experiment and find the horn wires so I just ran a short wire from the RLS switch to the horn ring input.

Worked like a charm and I was able to use the sweep. And also Works as a manual. I loved it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.