Howler can it be used with dual tones whelen cen com siren

Jim Gilbert

Jan 13, 2020
Columbus Ohio
My guys love the dual tones that the Whelen CenCom Core siren offers with two speakers… We just got a couple of cars with the Howler system out on the street right now to get feedback from the troops. So my question is, does the system allow for combination of running dual tones and then switching to the Howler when activated to do so? Anyone know if both can be incorporated and used in Tatum … thanks for any help..

JNST140

Jul 15, 2021
SC, United States
Maybe if you have two Howler Speakers, you could possibly run one Howler to your primary speaker and the other Howler to the secondary siren and maybe it could run dual tones.

Below makes it seem like it runs off the output from the main speaker so if you run each howler to a separate speaker maybe it could work?

• Uses the primary siren speaker output wires and divides the frequency to one of three frequency bands via Scan-Lock™ buttons
    • Selections are ¼ tone, ½ tone, or a composite of both

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t run both. Ive set up a howler on Core. I used the WeCanX howler, so you can program it to play whatever tone you want, whenever you want. You could essentially make the howler play a completely different tone, and have 3 separate tones going.

Ta2dResqr

Nov 19, 2015
Marengo, Ohio
I have a dual speaker Howler. It's signal is generated from A speaker on the primary siren. If you have a dual tone siren, it would use the tone from the single speaker you hooked to. It then has the option to make the Howler alert at 1/4, 1/2, 1/4 & 1/2, or divided by 4 1/2. You would need 2 separate Howler amplifiers to run both tones of the primary siren, one wired to each speaker.

I have not seen instructions for or used the WeCanX model so, I would default to @NoLimitSquads experience for that model.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
I just checked on Command. Yes, you could run dual howler tones, but you would need two howler amps. You could do this with WecanX (chowler) or the standard non-programmable amp that runs off of your siren speakers.

Reactions: Ta2dResqr

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tommy_adams

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.