Hybrid FPIU

CHIEFOPS

The 2020 model is stated to have a few more cargo cubic feet than current, that will be interesting to see as well as where they mount the battery. I can only guess it's in the void below the cargo deck between the 2nd row seat and the spare tire well.

OP
OP
prty

prty

Registered Member
The 2020 model is stated to have a few more cargo cubic feet than current, that will be interesting to see as well as where they mount the battery. I can only guess it's in the void below the cargo deck between the 2nd row seat and the spare tire well.
I hope they dont do any weird futuristic face lifts, it looks good as it is.

CHIEFOPS

Evidently it's more than a refresh, it's a total body/floorpan do-over. Longer wheelbase is probably how it gains cargo space by inching forward the passenger compartment and changing from front wheel drive layout to rear drive layout.

Last edited:

pdk9

Veteran Member
I’m not a fan of hybrids in this instance. I’m a big fan of govs going green and having hybrid fleets in other areas (ie PD/FD admin vehicles, parking enforcement, DPW, etc) but not for pursuit EVs.

With all the stop & go and other beatings that Patrol police cars have, I’m not sold yet on the idea of hybrids being used for them. I’m sure the NYPD guys will be happy to hear about these, though, b/c this new alternative will probably help get away from hybrid Nissan and Fusion RMPs.

I thought it was interesting that they went a step further and offered a plugin SS vehicle detectives & admin. If they’re parked at the station/HQ everyday then I think it’s a possibility, but I think they’re unrealistic in areas where LEOs have assigned take home vehicles (ie FL) b/c then the unions will argue about employees using home electricity to charge them

billyfromhill

Registered Member
Anybody know if Ford is moving forward with the PPV Fusion hybrid and/or keeping the Police Interceptor Sedan in light of their announcement that they're dropping most car models?

CHIEFOPS

According to a Ford Police team member I discussed this with early last week, they're committed to the Police Fusion Hybrid for a few model years, the fate of the Interceptor Sedan past the 2018 model year is less clear.

OP
OP
prty

prty

Registered Member
According to a Ford Police team member I discussed this with early last week, they're committed to the Police Fusion Hybrid for a few model years, the fate of the Interceptor Sedan past the 2018 model year is less clear.
Well i know that ford is gonna stop prducing the taurus completely by 2019/20 so I'm only guessing the fpis is going with it too.

CHIEFOPS

Since the Interceptor Sedan accounts for only 15% of their police vehicle sales probably but not definitely based on their commitment to the Police Fusion beyond the retail Fusion.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Latest Listings

Top Bottom