I guess head shops are still legal in San Francisco

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
Don't know if this has been posted here before, or not:

San Francisco Fire Department com

Be sure you scroll down for "special report #26."

<td>- millions -td><td>lost in film industry revenues due in part to siren noisetd><td>- millions -td><td>lost in tourist industry and hotel revenues due in part to siren noise degrading tourist experience of our citytd>

ryan81986

Apr 13, 2011
Boston, MA
Wait a second, hold the phone.

I just read through some of this website. Are they SERIOUSLY suggesting replacing the entire fire department with some sort of airborne task force?

And then I read this:

4 Halon heat seeking mini soft missiles (can be fired through window or door, developed for precision fire combat with minimal damage)

WHAT?!?

They seriously want to shoot missiles at fire buildings to put them out? Is it going to grab someone and airlift them out of the fire building too?

Fucking looney tunes.

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
This dude is a Whack Job!! just a couple of lines that stood out.

"The NFPA actually attempts to outlaw all future budgetary review by voters and elected officials. It specifies that each and every facility must remain operating and fully union staffed, forever"

"All units are also re-fitted with modern sirens designed to alert, not annoy."

Mom and Dad need to check into what he is smoking, and limit the Sci FI Channel :)

Source?: San Francisco Fire Department com

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
sanfrancisco fire department.com said:
Minimum pay to the lowest grade SFFD member is currently $81,382.00, to show up 2 days a week and ride around in a truck. Where else could a nearly unskilled worker find a job like this? Nowhere. And that is why they fight so hard against cuts.

anyone else have a MAJOR issue with the phrase "nearly unskilled worker." To be fair, I'm still working my way through Fire I and doing some of the basics for Fire II but I already have a stron appreciation for just how much work this job takes.

Original quote available at San Francisco Fire Department com a little above halfway down the page.

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
I didn't realize the Federal Q depleted the Ozone??? :)

"It's time. It is time to recognize these as being as large an environmental threat as polution and ozone depletion. Siren noise affects each one of us, making us edgier, angrier, and even, according to one study, mildly insane when they pass. The Federal-Q is inhumane. Upgrading is a small thing which can produce big results. Especially for communities where sirened trucks are active day and night. Call it "civilizing". "

Wonder if he is wanting Robo Cop for the PD??

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Fucken hippes why dont they go make signs and go occupy a fucken corner street somewhere. Thats all they are good for anyway.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Station 3 said:
Fucken hippes why dont they go make signs and go occupy a fucken corner street somewhere. Thats all they are good for anyway.

Honestly, I'd rather let them all have websites. This way you don'y have to see or smell them on the street corner... Basic hygeine is lost on the "politically active."

PTRJason

Jul 25, 2010
Silverpeak, NV
I say, let him ride at his local fire station, the entire 24 hour shift. Let him help clean, train, wash, maintain, etc. The someone set his house on fire, and then go lights only, because sirens annoy after all. And let him see how long it takes to get there in traffic. And then hand him a hose, and tell him he is just as unskilled as they are, so you put it out.

See if he changes his tune after that.

C420sailor

May 23, 2010
Virginia, USA
San Francisco blows. It's filled with a bunch of liberal d*^chebags with nothing better to do with their time than bitch and moan. They've been trying to get the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds banned from performing in the Bay Area for years because it is noisy and promotes violence. What a joke.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
My nephew is 17 years old and is one of those ducebags that debates about everything and looks up to those Occupy hippy people he also hates the police kids gonna get his ass kicked later by someone or end up in jail for being a dumb ass hippy.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.