I Made A Thing: A 110v power supply for my Edge 9M for use at my wedding reception.

Cybertosh

Jun 21, 2017
Albuquerque
Im getting married next month and in order to save a few thousand dollars on a full DJ Audio/Visual lighting package for our wedding, we are using my lightbars! Got my Streethawk, Code 3 Excalibur, Code 3 Supervisor and now this Edge 9M which has been in my garage for years but never worked until now since it was originally a PCDS-9 and I recently rebuilt it.

Here is the latest one to be converted to 110v for the party. I got a Century 55amp battery charger, removed the jumper clamps and hardwired the entire lightbar system into it. The control boxes fit perfectly on the sides of the charge, almost like it was made for it.

ai.imgur.com_zcMLNLj.jpg

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
I have to agree with everyone else.... you struck gold with that wonderful woman..... I think if I even thought about it or mentioned it to my girlfriend she would divorce me before the marriage! Lol

Reactions: Cybertosh

Cybertosh

Jun 21, 2017
Albuquerque
I have to agree with everyone else.... you struck gold with that wonderful woman..... I think if I even thought about it or mentioned it to my girlfriend she would divorce me before the marriage! Lol
Thanks. Her one stipulation is that she wants it purple to match the main wedding color so I bought some clear lenses and purple lighting gel and will have a solid purple Edge 9M but the end of the weekend!

Cybertosh

Jun 21, 2017
Albuquerque
As some of you are aware of by now, I'm getting married in a month and to save $1,500 on the venue's DJ lighting package, we are using my lightbars! The stipulation set by my fiancé was that they had to be purple.

So I got some clear lenses, some cinema purple gel, gaff tape, and about an hour or so later, I have a purple Whelen Edge 9M.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Dude,

Brilliant idea to pitch to your fiancé so you can get more time to work on lightbars!!

Just make sure you can turn off the strobes so you don't have to work on any seizure prone guests at the wedding!

Early congrats and best wishes!
Seth

Reactions: NVFD612

Kendreth

Jul 28, 2011
Nashua, NH
Everyone should have a lightbar or 2 at their wedding!! wish i had thought of it. looks awesome,your a lucky guy that she's willing to let it happen! you'll have to get us a shot of the room when its set up for the wedding.

Cybertosh

Jun 21, 2017
Albuquerque
Dude,

Brilliant idea to pitch to your fiancé so you can get more time to work on lightbars!!

Just make sure you can turn off the strobes so you don't have to work on any seizure prone guests at the wedding!

Early congrats and best wishes!
Seth
Definitely. The strobes are heavily ND gelled beneath the purple gel to reduce their light output.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
We are a strange lot, aren't we?Mascot.jpg

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
after the wedding make it purple and green.

Reactions: Kendreth

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.