I officially found heaven! hundreds of NOS dominion auto and target tech!

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
Its a bit of an odd story, but a fella down south was trying to "bait" me and posted a NOS turbo beam and some DA beacons in hopes id see them and contact him, he knew id be interested. well i found the ads, a month later while visiting my girl in oshawa, i took the half hour drive north of her to meet up with this guy...

Well, let me tell you guys now! un real! full two car garage set up like a warehouse, shelves of products, all dominion, target tech some grote and unibond. nice display shelves of everything! full dominion and target tech product lines, all beacons, lightbars, minibars your oval and round DOT style lighting etc. i was in absolute amazment i wish i had taken pictures! he has NOS parts full bars, around 200 47" and 53" four rotataor turbo beams, ambers and reds with chrome grills. hes got a bunch of 53" strobe rotator combo bars, power supplies, hundreds of the dominion auto beacons, juniors, intermediats seniors etc. i spend $1000 came home with 2 NOS speakers grills, a 47" clear/ amber/blue filtered bar, a 47" red four rotator, a 42" ten strobe turbo flash, a low profile parabolic rotator beacon, amber and blue firebeam, visibeam and DA whiskey flask. my next trip i hope to come back with more intermediate beacons, both sealed beam and parabolic reflector, 4 strobe turbo flashes, hes got some nice 15 and 22" turbo beam pluses clear with filters and ill definately need some lenses! he has hundres of the 15" flush base turbo beam and thousands of lenses.

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Bar-gasm, Richard!

That is the official Canadian members Christmas!

Would he have more for sale, you'd think? I'd take the trip over there any day!

Thanks for posting the pictures and story!

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Dude, wtf, you were down in Southern Ontario and we didn't meet up for brews? Pfft..

Also I think I know of the guy you met, if its about a half hour north of Oshawa.. I wish I didn't loose his business card last Sept!

nice find!

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
Antione, he has lots for sale, he prefers to do volume buys, the more you buy the lesss it cost. for an additional $50 for the red turbobeam, he threw in the ten strobe turbo flash. he keeps more stock 20 minutes up the road, since his garage aint big enough, he has full aisles and shelving to the roof of stock and products, big rubbermaid totes full of parts and lighting, everything is organized by brand and product, its pretty much a dominion/target tech store. he also has grote, unibond and some sws and whelen products. some of the federal signal is rebranded as grote, like my firebeams.

and Chris, Ill let you know when i go back there, she had a pretty busy planned out weekend for me, so i was tied up. plus, i wasnt driving much since i had a rental, my truck died leaving sudbury, and i can only legally drive my f550, i quit drinking too, been over a year.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Richard P said:
Antione, he has lots for sale, he prefers to do volume buys, the more you buy the lesss it cost. for an additional $50 for the red turbobeam, he threw in the ten strobe turbo flash. he keeps more stock 20 minutes up the road, since his garage aint big enough, he has full aisles and shelving to the roof of stock and products, big rubbermaid totes full of parts and lighting, everything is organized by brand and product, its pretty much a dominion/target tech store. he also has grote, unibond and some sws and whelen products. some of the federal signal is rebranded as grote, like my firebeams.

and Chris, Ill let you know when i go back there, she had a pretty busy planned out weekend for me, so i was tied up. plus, i wasnt driving much since i had a rental, my truck died leaving sudbury, and i can only legally drive my f550, i quit drinking too, been over a year.

Congrats on the sobrity.

Also she had you all tied up eh :-x

As for the lights beutiful finds and I think you're going to need a bigger garage in your future.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Richard P said:
Its a bit of an odd story, but a fella down south was trying to "bait" me and posted a NOS turbo beam and some DA beacons in hopes id see them and contact him, he knew id be interested. well i found the ads, a month later while visiting my girl in oshawa, i took the half hour drive north of her to meet up with this guy...

Well, let me tell you guys now! un real! full two car garage set up like a warehouse, shelves of products, all dominion, target tech some grote and unibond. nice display shelves of everything! full dominion and target tech product lines, all beacons, lightbars, minibars your oval and round DOT style lighting etc. i was in absolute amazment i wish i had taken pictures! he has NOS parts full bars, around 200 47" and 53" four rotataor turbo beams, ambers and reds with chrome grills. hes got a bunch of 53" strobe rotator combo bars, power supplies, hundreds of the dominion auto beacons, juniors, intermediats seniors etc. i spend $1000 came home with 2 NOS speakers grills, a 47" clear/ amber/blue filtered bar, a 47" red four rotator, a 42" ten strobe turbo flash, a low profile parabolic rotator beacon, amber and blue firebeam, visibeam and DA whiskey flask. my next trip i hope to come back with more intermediate beacons, both sealed beam and parabolic reflector, 4 strobe turbo flashes, hes got some nice 15 and 22" turbo beam pluses clear with filters and ill definately need some lenses! he has hundres of the 15" flush base turbo beam and thousands of lenses.

Nice, Richard. What were the Juniors he had?

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
I will be going back in a month or so to visit again, shes coming up in a couple weeks, might get her to bring me some goodies from this guy!

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
Ill speak to him about group buy. And ill ask about catalogues. He has one aamber filtered bar, but I thinkk he wants to keep it, I know he Haas blues for sale

And kit, my girl drained me that morning in preperation for this visit!

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Richard P said:
Ill speak to him about group buy. And ill ask about catalogues. He has one aamber filtered bar, but I thinkk he wants to keep it, I know he Haas blues for sale

And kit, my girl drained me that morning in preperation for this visit!

yeah i would be interested in some blues

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Shoot now I need to find his business card and get over there ASAP!!! Beat ya all to the blinkies!!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davegrn

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.