I think I got a good deal...

Shadow-D

Jul 3, 2010
Adirondacks, NY
I was cruisin craigslist last night and happened to come across a cheap light bar, well cheap in my mind...

The add was this...

1979 era police, fire 4 foot light bar $55

Date: 2011-03-15, 6:23PM

4 foot long 1 foot wide 8 inch tall , Smith & Wesson model 8887 light bar from 1979 fire vehicle pickup call *******

So I called the person to see if it was still available, I had to take a chance seeing that it was more than a month old. To my surprise he did in fact have the light and he said that he wanted it out of the garage, make me an offer. I offered $10 per foot, $40 and he agreed!

Light works fine and the lenses need a little cleaning. Only problem I've found with it so far is the white end caps are damaged... 1 is missing a large piece of plastic and the other one is cracked. It has 2 clear cutouts for the take downs (darn things are square low beam head lights) and 1 yellow cutout in the rear for the rear flashers (again low beam headlights) It also has cutouts for the alley lights (they are about 4" round floods, I don't remember the Par #).

All in all I think I got a good deal. I plan to get some pics of it this weekend and maybe better videos as well...

Update: Pictures, not that great but better than nothing...

SnW01.jpg

SnW02.jpg

SnW03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
Yeah, you did REAL well on that deal. Nice score and a nice bar!

Shadow-D

Jul 3, 2010
Adirondacks, NY

How difficult is it going to be to find new or good used end caps for this? I don't remember seeing any in the "for sale vintage" section.

EDIT: I also forgot to add that it still has the original speaker mounted in it...

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.