ID Help need, RE: Fire service insignia

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Is there any significance to the "floral" design or decorative border to this seal? I know most everything in the fire service uniform realm has historical significance or tradition so just trying to see where this fits? I've seen it on several colors of seals for badges. Anyone know?

seal.jpg

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
It looks like duck tracks. (Not that this would have anything to do with the fire service.)

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Look like tulips....

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
The only thing I can think of, is that traditionally during displays and parades, chiefs will carry the old bugle/horn with flowers in/around them, and that this is some reference to that. Some form of a wreath.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Maybe call or email some of the local and national fire museums in the USA... There are some serious historical buffs there who may know.

Flashguy

Jan 4, 2011
United States, Florida
This is completely a guess, but do you think that's got a connection to gold leaf decoration? It kind of looks like the gold threads on a chief officer hat too.

Attachments

• IMG_0959.PNG
    IMG_0959.PNG
    175.6 KB · Views: 3

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
Maybe they are supposed to represent oak leaves? Many military and police/fire badges use wreaths in their designs, here is the Army Master Parachutist and a typical police badge. According to the Army website, the oak leaf cluster or wreath "symbolizes steadfastness, strength and loyalty."

asep_yimg_com_ca_I_yhst_89988323165017_2268_218517437_.jpg
awww.smithwarren.com_img_CMS_custom_gallery_badge_passcapt_thb.png

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Is there any significance to the "floral" design or decorative border to this seal?

The image you have is a seal that is an optional center for a Blackinton badge. The leaf clusters traditionally represent honor or reward.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
The image you have is a seal that is an optional center for a Blackinton badge. The leaf clusters traditionally represent honor or reward.

Yes, correct. It is from a badge seal. But do you have anything to show where you gathered that from? A source? Just curious.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.