Ideas for a leased Fusion - Michigan Red Light/Siren

mjMIff

Jun 2, 2010
Mid-Michigan
Had a Lacrosse I never did anything with, never thought I would have it long and didn't. So it has been two years since I was lit up.

I now have a Fusion Titanium but it is leased for three years and in Michigan we have that whole lightbar & siren requirement.

Is it do able? With a siren?

Thanks!

mjMIff

Jun 2, 2010
Mid-Michigan
Yeah minibar or even a pancake is OK I am more worried about wiring up a speaker on a leased vehicle. Never done it before! Hoping someone else has! lol

jmccarthy

Nov 9, 2013
ne ohio
Yeah minibar or even a pancake is OK I am more worried about wiring up a speaker on a leased vehicle. Never done it before! Hoping someone else has! lol
I personally have never done it, but if I were attempting it I would go with a small handheld siren because it would be less wires and you dont have to worry about trying to mount that big box somewhere in the cab of the car because that usually requires putting holes in the interior panels. Im guessing there's a pre existing hole in the firewall to possibly run the control wire through. But thats how I would personally look into doing it. I would also ask one of the professional installers here like FEVER he may be able to help you a little better.

mjMIff

Jun 2, 2010
Mid-Michigan

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Had a Lacrosse I never did anything with, never thought I would have it long and didn't. So it has been two years since I was lit up.

I now have a Fusion Titanium but it is leased for three years and in Michigan we have that whole lightbar & siren requirement.

Is it do able? With a siren?

Thanks!
Yes, you can so a basic lighting setup without permanent holes, ie:

FRONT

--M4 solid red grill lights ("sandwich-mounted" in front of the grill with a small piece of aluminum & washers behind the grill)

--HLF

--Dual red avenger or viper dash light

REAR:

--TLF

--Vipers or Avengers on both sides of the rear deck

OTHER:

--Whelen L32 red beacon with suction/mag to have 360

--nForce, impaxx, or linz6 on rear side doors (on L-brackets with double sided 3M tape)

--10-75 intersection bracket with your choice of lighthead

Whelen SA135 speaker (you will have to draw 2 holes to mount the speaker, but it's not like the tech is gonna be looking for traces of a siren bracket when you return it).

Any handheld siren can be used; feed the cables under the rocker & mount the brain under the driver seat so that you can have the remote easily accessible. 3M tape can be used for handhelds like the FedSig 650, which comes with a "cradle"

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
Our dept uses leased UM's for detectives, all makes all models.

I've seen HAWs mounted in tail lights, visor light, grill lights, FS 650 seires siren pack used. these cars look normal till lit up. and the control paddle can be detached or laid on the console, or under the seat. I remember seeing a  Half Interior Light Bar on a fusion once mounted on the right front windshield.

Again its nice to have a care to drive that doesnt need to look like a UC until needed. ;)

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
Easiest thing to do is find a good mini bar and a "pancake" siren speaker. If you want a true controller, a Feniex 4200 is slim and compact enough that it should work. Feniex apparently is about to come out with a new and sexy mini lightbar. When? I don't know.

A Whelen Mini Justice would be perfect. Or a Whelen Responder 2.

billforbush

Jun 10, 2010
Northern Michigan
The only Michigan-specific concern is that there must be a light on the roof visible 360 degrees. Roof mounted portion of law only refers to POVs. I concur with the other fellow that the Whelen mini-Liberty or Responder II would work very well for you. Good luck

Bill

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.