Identification and value

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I recently purchased some whelen strobes. The bottom of the light heads say Model 20 (20 being hand written on both) and below that it says Mirror Edge. They are all amber lenses with post mount. I thought they were called Micro Edge, am I missing something? Fortunately they all work. What is the proper name for these and what are the different models if these are 20? Any idea of the general price range of these in decent condition?

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
I think the Mirror edge had only 2 tubes in each head, and were meant to be used in pairs to give 360 degree warning. The Micro had 3 tubes, and gave a full 360 degree warning. Could be used alone or in pairs. I also believe both required a remote power supply.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Yes, these are remote and 2 head each. This pair uses one of the versions of end strobee that the edge uses. I will upload pix later when I get a chance to take some.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I picked them up from a guy not knowing if any of it worked. Hooked em up individually to a single outlet supply at home and the strobes work great. They came with a UPS64LX supply too but I cant test that yet. I need to order the strobe connectors for the power supply. Unless they are worth a lot, I figure if the power supply works I will keep em and put up on my wall. If not, then I will sell them instead of investing more. In searching here, not really any info on them. Curious as to how the 3 strobe versions are laid out if anyone has any info on them. Here are some photos of mine.20180714_031056.jpg20180713_221109.jpg20180714_031018.jpg

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
In the three head version, the 3rd strobe would “connect” the V shape the 2 current strobes make. In the back of the last pic you posted.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
They were Popular in Plow trucks in Snow areas and on the Rear end of Firetrucks in Red, also salt trucks on the front side Wing mirrors... Great Light! we wanted a pair of those to use on the Back end of Our Old 74 Oren Fire Truck but we sold it back to a Guy in NY Who was going to restore it for the fire dept!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.