Identification

Mr. Thumpit

Jun 19, 2010
This is a Code 3 XL with four rotators and one V mirror. I picked it up years ago ( about 20 something yrs) and used it for snowplowing. This looks similar to a Code3 XL9000 lightbar but mine has square lenses and chassis. What model is this and when were they made? I would appreciate all info about this model as I'm curious, looked everywhere and haven't come across this particular model anyplace. I did change the sealed beam bulbs around and put on a Amber lens. it was origionally used to be set up as white lens with red sealed beams mixed with white and red lens with white sealed beams if I recall. Unit rotators are belt driven, takes a high output alternator to run it without draining battery. It does have the original Speaker in it, everything works.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Sounds like a Public Safety Products "Code 3" model SD to me as well. Two motors and four rotators, each with a pair of sealed beam bulbs, usually halogen 37.5 watts. Draws about 16 amps, a little more as the motors get old. If you had the all light version (motor and a pair of rotators instead of a speaker housing) it would take 42 amps!

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
stansdds said:
Sounds like a Public Safety Products "Code 3" model SD to me as well. Two motors and four rotators, each with a pair of sealed beam bulbs, usually halogen 37.5 watts. Draws about 16 amps, a little more as the motors get old. If you had the all light version (motor and a pair of rotators instead of a speaker housing) it would take 42 amps!

Exactly, it's an SD, not an XL.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I made a calculation error on the amp draw of the SD. I said 16 amps, should be 26 amps.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.