Identify this lightbar

cromwell

Aug 30, 2010
Finland, Europe
Hello lightbar-experts and others!!

I am maybe going to buy this Whelen led-lightbar but I don´t know what model it is?

lightbar.jpg[/attachment:lme1w20f]

Can anyone of you tell from this quite bad picture what model it is??

lightbar.jpg

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
It's an LFL bar. Most likely a Patriot but it could be a Liberty. I'd bet Patriot, though. You normally don't see Liberties with complete colored lense kits.

RJ*

May 21, 2010
Finland
SireLite said:
It's either a patriot or a liberty mounted on top of a Dutch Ambulance.

What makes you say it's Dutch? European, yes, but could be any of a dozen European countries.

cromwell

Aug 30, 2010
Finland, Europe
Now I have this bar at home, and it was not a LED bar as I first tought, it is a strobe EGDE!! Model 9M26

I have never seen a this thin EDGE before! I guess it has got to be a newer model than the EDGE 9000 I have seen before.

I has only two linear-strobes to the back and four strobes to the front.

This bar was used on a ambulance from Finland.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
cromwell said:
Now I have this bar at home, and it was not a LED bar as I first tought, it is a strobe EGDE!! Model 9M26
I have never seen a this thin EDGE before! I guess it has got to be a newer model than the EDGE 9000 I have seen before.

I has only two linear-strobes to the back and four strobes to the front.

This bar was used on a ambulance from Finland.

As pimp stated above, it's not an edge... it's a whelen patriot strobe bar.... the strobe version of the liberty that came out a few years prior. I believe it's now discontinued, I couldn't find it on whelen's site.

ll26rb.jpg

cromwell

Aug 30, 2010
Finland, Europe
Ok, I believe you, it´s a Patriot, but you can read on the lenses of the bar "EDGE".

I would like to add some more lights to this bar, do you think there is already inside a halogen flasher from the factory? Or some other flasher, LED?? If so then I would only have to add some lights?

How much better is this 9M Edge bar than the old Edge 9000?? When came this 9M model bar first out?

Here are some pics of the bar.

P1070004.JPG[/attachment:3csd6ty4]

P1070003.JPG[/attachment:3csd6ty4]

P1070003.JPG

P1070004.JPG

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
These were called the Whelen Edge LFL before the Whelen Patriot moniker came to be.

Now this is just a guess, but by any chance are you from Cromwell, Indiana?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
shues said:
These were called the Whelen Edge LFL before the Whelen Patriot moniker came to be.

Now this is just a guess, but by any chance are you from Cromwell, Indiana?

He's from Finland

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
cromwell said:
Ok, I believe you, it´s a Patriot, but you can read on the lenses of the bar "EDGE".

I would like to add some more lights to this bar, do you think there is already inside a halogen flasher from the factory? Or some other flasher, LED?? If so then I would only have to add some lights?

How much better is this 9M Edge bar than the old Edge 9000?? When came this 9M model bar first out?

The 9m has linear 400 series inboard strobes and has a more modular setup for the lights to snap into. Other than that they are similar.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.