Identify this lighthead...

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I have a pair of what I believe are Code 3 Optix modules but do not know the model/type for the wiring. It is similar to the Optix modules in a 2100 but taller. I have seen the taller ones like this in an MX7000 bar. The difference from any of the ones I have seen is that the reflectors on this one are on the front of the lighthead instead of the back. I have been googling it for a bit without any luck.

Feel free to post what ya know.

20200623_230639.jpg20200623_230651.jpg

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
Those sure look like optix modules. Then again, it's code3, KING OF NEW OPTICS EVERYWEEK!

I think what you have is just a variation of the optix module for lightbars.

It could be torus modules, but those were too new for a mx7000.

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
I wanna say those are possibly 1st gen optix modules, I have a few of them in red and blue and they still fit in a 2100 shell with no problems.

I also have the other style 6ups too with the smaller boards (also in red and blue)

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
These are too tall to fit in the 2100. I have a 2100 with optix and these are between 1.5 and 2x taller then those modules. I just have not seen the ones like this with the control boadr on the front vs the back.

Was hoping for a model number to look up and figure out it's features ( is the white wire positive, negative or sync. How to change the patterns Etc).

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.