Identifying Motor Type on Older Force 4 LP 6000

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I’m currently restoring an older Force 4 LP 6000 and will have to replace at least one rotator/reflector/motor assembly completely and maybe two additional motors motors. The rotator that needs replacing is a story in its own right. It was replaced at some point by the rotator and motor from a cheapo teardrop. I can post pictures for a laugh :) . I’m trying to identify whether the motors originally used in this bar were the fast motors (Part #95981M) or standard speed (Part #95980M). I haven’t removed any of the motors/rotator assemblies yet. The motors are all pretty weathered, so imprints with part numbers have likely faded. The install manual for the Force 4 XL 5000 says that the high speed motors have a black worm gear and worm. Is it the same for the LP 6000? I looked in the LP 6000 install manual and it doesn’t say anything about how to identify the high speed motors. The motors themselves have large old-style resistors soldered to them, if that helps any. I can provide pictures, if required.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Funny thing I am working on one of these as well.
The white geared ones seem to be standard speed, the Black ones are fast..

Good luck with it.

Rob

Reactions: WhelenNDealin

irishff

May 24, 2010
SW Missouri
That's correct. If they are metal half circle rotators, fast speed will be black gears, slow speed is white. There is no difference in the motor itself, Code 3 just adjusted the gear pattern to make them go faster,

Reactions: WhelenNDealin
May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
If ya neeed a complete rotator for an lp bar, i have a standard speed one that takes the H1 bulb.

Dont have a use for it, so its just sitting in a box with all my other lightbar parts

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
If ya neeed a complete rotator for an lp bar, i have a standard speed one that takes the H1 bulb.

Dont have a use for it, so its just sitting in a box with all my other lightbar parts

This bar's rotators use the bayonet-style lights and I'm trying to keep everything as close to how the bar originally was as possible. Still, I'm definitely going to keep you in mind since good parts are good parts. I'll send you a PM if/when I need the rotator assembly. Thank you for your offer! It'll most likely come in handy :) !

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
This bar's rotators use the bayonet-style lights and I'm trying to keep everything as close to how the bar originally was as possible. Still, I'm definitely going to keep you in mind since good parts are good parts. I'll send you a PM if/when I need the rotator assembly. Thank you for your offer! It'll most likely come in handy :) !

Okay. Sounds good to me sir :)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.