If I collected lights...

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
...I'd collect the lights I remember seeing while I was growing up.

Beacons:

Two Dominion Auto bubble top beacons (like Beacon Ray 17), one with an amber dome and one with a dark blue dome

Three Dominion Auto flat top beacons , one red four beam, one blue four beam, and one amber two beam

Two Grote beacons: one standard two beam (amber), one large four beam (red)

Two Do-Ray two beam rotary beacons, one with an amber dome and one with a blue dome

Dietz 7-11 with red dome

Red Federal Beacon Ray 17 (early version, dome with slanted sides)

Federal Beacon Ray 176, clear dome with red and white bulbs

Red Federal 184 Power Light

Red Federal CJ184 speaker/light

Light bars:

Three Federal Twin Sonics, one red 12x, one red and clear 12 , one amber 12

Red Sireno Condor

Red Dietz Omni Chief

Two Code 3 Model 2200s, one red, one amber

Code 3 Force 4 XL, red with four dual sealed beam rotators

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
Those dominion round tops are nice, i know where theres a few...

Why no dominion junior? or the rare version where the bulb and reflector rotates.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
This one's for Richard P:

When I bough 2 NIB DA flat tops, the instruction booklet tells something interesting about replacement dome: one that is "red-amber". I guess it would be not quite red nor quite amber but in the middle of the 2?

ever heard about this?

Any regulation about a dome half-hlaf? :?:

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Richard P said:
Those dominion round tops are nice, i know where theres a few...
Why no dominion junior? or the rare version where the bulb and reflector rotates.
now, now richard we know you ar Mr. Dominion :D

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
Split dome. Ive seent it once, I got a few 1992 catelogue scans, and nothing shows slit though, it just says amber, blue, red and crystal

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
I'll get that pic shortly, Richard. Quite busy for now...

I'll also post pics of my newly acquired Dominion Auto Round Top while I'm at it.

It was quite dirty and all but came out nice with some TLC.

Might also come back from work with a free DA Junior... Still unsure if I'll be able to get ahold of it... ;)

FedSigFan

May 21, 2010
DFW
If I collected lights... I mean if I collected as many lights as I really want to have... I probably wouldn't be married anymore :lol: .

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Got the picture:

ai767.photobucket.com_albums_xx311_toon80_Dominion_20Automotive_DSCN0251.jpg

If you look at the fifth lens option, you can see red/amber...

Richard, was it dark amber or split red/amber? Kind of California style?

Thanks!

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
I would say, without a doubt, 1/2 red/1/2 amber. That combination, amber front, red rear, was very popular in Massachusetts in the 1960s on tow trucks, and highway maint. vehicles.

Dan

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
It was red amber split, Wreckers did that until late 70s

As for the junior, I saw what appeared to be an older one, first gen i guess in bc craigs list. It looked like the bulb rotated with the reflector, Ive never seen that. The reflector was dead center, the bulb was up front , just the opposite of the ones I got, where the bulb is center, the reflector is set back and revolvs around the bulb.

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
toon80 said:
Dan, thanks for the input!
Have you ever come across red/amber DA lens?

Now that we talk about it, I want 1! :cool:

Toon
No, no DA. I have a R/A Federal 17, and a R/A Whelen Deputy, and a R/A Whilen 1200 strobe, and a R/A glass Griffin "bee hive" light.

Dan

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.