Ignition sensor for CDM1250?

May 22, 2010
New York City
yes, you need a 20 pin rear accessory connector, and then hook up pins 4 and 10 i believe ( its been a while) and then have the radio reprogrammed to have the ignition sense enabled

May 22, 2010
New York City
umm......you have the port..........not sure if u have the connector.......the one you sold me didnt have a connector.................

sorry about the straps.......i been crazy busy since i got back from vegas.........i have a bulk order being placed next week.and i can do alot better on pricing,i will let you know tomorrow on the price

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
emt322636 said:
Hey all just wondering if its possible to "get" an ignition sensor for my CDM1250 so that it'll turn on/off with my key?

It is built in to the radio - wire pin 10 of the accessory connector to a ignition controlled +12vdc source and fuse it at 4 amps.

You can purchase a kit for this from a Motorola dealer, part number HKN9327BR - it includes the accessory connector, wire, fuse holder and fuse. List price is $10.

You also have to program the radio: Radio Configuration --> Accessory Configuration --> Set Ignition Sense Type to either Follow Ignition Only or On/Off & Ignition.

Note: Pin 4 is a programmable line and has nothing to do with Ignition Sense. Do not try to hook it to +12vdc!

P.S. Just got my EMT card back after taking a few years off. Sign me: EMT013326 (Yeah, that is a zero at the beginning!)

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
Thanks, I'll check that out. Believe it or not, I actually used to work and took my paramedic degree program with an old geezer with a 0000xx number. He's still active. I think he's made of adamantium.

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
emt322636 said:
Thanks, I'll check that out. Believe it or not, I actually used to work and took my paramedic degree program with an old geezer with a 0000xx number. He's still active. I think he's made of adamantium.
Oh, I believe it. Many of the EMT's ahead of me in Monroe County back in the early 70's had 000xxx numbers, too.

I thought my number wasn't that low until I looked at the numbers the new EMT's got in my class: all in the 338xxx or 388xxx (not remembering which - senior moment. :) )

PS: I have a partial ignition sense kit - 16 pin connector and 1' of ignition sense wire in the proper position. You'd have to add your own wire and fuse holder. Center the 16 pin connector in the 20 pin socket on the back of the radio so that two pins show on each side. $5.00 including shipping. PM me for paypal address.

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
PM inbound. Yea I think he's one of the last double digits still alive/working. He was part of the first group of AEMT-CC's in the state. Boy does he have some stories of old time back country EMS...

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
That is just the cable and fuse Clarence. He also needs the 16 pin black connector that would attach to the back of the radio.

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
SlickTop Solutions said:
Just FTI, a 16 pin connector will work as well since pins 1, 10, 11, and 20 aren't used for major items.

Actually, it is pins 17 & 18 on the right and 19 & 20 on the left that are not used for normal accessory connections.

ai920.photobucket.com_albums_ad42_Steve_Collins_CDM20PinAccConn.gif

Per the CDM manuals: 17 is Bus (+) and 18 is Boot Control. Those two pins are used in conjunction with the flash adapter cable. 19 & 20 are simply listed as Reserved.

But you are very right that the 16 pin connector will work perfectly well for any accessory additions. It just needs to be centered so that 17 through 20 are visible on either side of the 16 pin housing. Whether you buy them through MOL or from mre1032 on Ebay, they are less expensive than the 20 pin connectors. The only advantage to the 20 pin housings that I can see is that they are a bit more foolproof if you're trying to insert them without a clear view of the connectors.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Anyone else have one of these for sale?

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
Zapp Brannigan said:
Anyone else have one of these for sale?
If you don't find one here, mre1032 has the 16 and 20 pin plugs plus the 5 ft. ignition wire with AMP connector already crimped on plus other wire versions. He usually has everything listed on Ebay all the time.

NCFD43

Oct 18, 2010
Northeast Ohio
emt322636 said:

One guy i work with, said his old partner had the national registry number 000002, which is the first person to be nationally registered for ems. Yes, there was a 000001, BUT, they never picked up their card, so they werent certified, which made him with the number 2 the first person.

andrewsim

Jun 15, 2010
Northeastern, IL
Cable 45 Speaker Ignition Motorola CDM CDM1250 VHF UHF - eBay

Look into this guy, that is the plug I have. He is currently away until June 1st but he has all kinds of configurations available. He uses Motorola factory plugs and Pins and uses the proper crimping tool. Typically will leave you 5' of cable and does a very professional job with very quick delivery.

EDIT: Well... I just noticed what everyone was referring to above (the same guy). This is a link though if it helps

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
andrewsim said:
Cable 45 Speaker Ignition Motorola CDM CDM1250 VHF UHF - eBay

Look into this guy, that is the plug I have. He is currently away until June 1st but he has all kinds of configurations available. He uses Motorola factory plugs and Pins and uses the proper crimping tool. Typically will leave you 5' of cable and does a very professional job with very quick delivery.

EDIT: Well... I just noticed what everyone was referring to above (the same guy). This is a link though if it helps

Thank you, I am looking into this. Seeing as it has an aux wire for external speaker, if/once plugged in, does it disable the primary speaker on the main/remote head? I would only need this for the ignition sensor, and would not be using an external speaker.

andrewsim

Jun 15, 2010
Northeastern, IL
Zapp Brannigan said:
Thank you, I am looking into this. Seeing as it has an aux wire for external speaker, if/once plugged in, does it disable the primary speaker on the main/remote head? I would only need this for the ignition sensor, and would not be using an external speaker.

No sir, the speaker on the head will work even if that wire exists.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.