illegal blue lights in ny

Alboy29

Aug 8, 2011
United STates, New York
911 said:
not sure if this is the right location for this post, but its been discussed in the past.

blue whelen leds on city busses !!!

well after them coming to my neck of the woods last week, i can tell you its annoying........

and the pol's think so too !!

Lanza, Ignizio ask MTA to stop using flashing lights on Staten Island Select Bus Service | SILive.com

Agreed! They originally started them in manhattan several years ago, and if i remember right, they only flashes as your Hazard lights would. Simple, and not anything like an Emergency Light.

Now i see them at night reflecting off of fences, and cars, and I found myself slowing down thinking an ambulance was coming down, only to see it was an MTA bus. :duh:

May 22, 2010
New York City
last nite while driving down hylan , there were 2 busess ahead of me........ coming east bound as i was going west bound......... at the same time, there was a MVA that came over the radio........ so im thinking im responding to this huge MVA with mutiple emergency vehicles on scene already......and it turned out to be not even involved !

C420sailor

May 23, 2010
Virginia, USA
Drives me nuts. It's completely unnecessary.

Another pet peeve of mine is the recent trend of NJ Turnpike service vehicles using blue to the rear. They already have enough amber to be visible from space.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
old news, been posted before.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
rwo978 said:
old news, been posted before.

911 said:
not sure if this is the right location for this post, but its been discussed in the past.

blue whelen leds on city busses !!!

well after them coming to my neck of the woods last week, i can tell you its annoying........

and the pol's think so too !!

Lanza, Ignizio ask MTA to stop using flashing lights on Staten Island Select Bus Service | SILive.com

As the OP acknowledged in the first sentence of his posting, but it was brought up due to the recent call from some Politicians.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
anyone have the original thread link?

Also the busses in Toronto do sort of the same thing on express ones- but the blue light doesnt flash. just two forward facing blue lights, constantly on.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
unlisted said:
anyone have the original thread link?

Also the busses in Toronto do sort of the same thing on express ones- but the blue light doesnt flash. just two forward facing blue lights, constantly on.

Does that have something to do with the after hours of the TTC being called "blue night service"????

Also, at the time, the only vehicals that ran blue in Ontario were snow plows.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
jdh said:
Does that have something to do with the after hours of the TTC being called "blue night service"????
Also, at the time, the only vehicals that ran blue in Ontario were snow plows.

No idea re the first point- tho I've seen TTC busses in the daytime with the constant blue light on.

Back in the day only snowplows ran blue, now PD run blue. Snowplows unofficially run blue still, but are supposed to run amber.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.