Illinois SP has 85 unused new cars, no upfitters.

ozzyy1

Feb 6, 2014
IL
That comment in no way offends me...and I am from IL. Although it could be (and should be) said that most all of IL's problems stem from Chiraq and its politicians.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
I'll go!

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Hoff said:

Who do you know in the Illlinois patronage system?

And no, that's not a slam against IL in particular. This kind of crap goes on everywhere. I'm from NY, fer cryin' out loud.

Windycity411

Jan 20, 2014
Illinois
ozzyy1 said:
That comment in way offends me...and I am from IL. Although it could be (and should be) said that most all of IL's problems stem from Chiraq and its politicians.

Chiraq is pretty offensive too. Get a clue, pal. The majority of the problems are in roughly 5 of the city's 77 neighborhoods. Try and engage your brain before you say something that could insult both Iraq veterans AND an entire city. As for the state police cars, who cares?!? Have you seen the new cars? Ugly ducklings, man.

ozzyy1

Feb 6, 2014
IL
By Chiraq I am refurring to those particular neighborhoods. And also the statistics that showed that Chicago had more homicides than Iraq, and that Chicago was dubbed murder capitol of the world not too long ago. Bad stats. I did not mean to offend anyone. And I am sorry if I did.

I will agree with you that the new cars are hideous. I really liked the previous ones.

ozzyy1

Feb 6, 2014
IL
As you were saying about old vs. new cars (just to show those who haven't seen).

Old:aimg.tapatalk.com_d_14_04_15_eme4e8yj.jpg

New:aimg.tapatalk.com_d_14_04_15_da3aveqe.jpg

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
A pass-thru upfitter should be contracted and the upfitting should be built into the bid price of the vehicle

MJDNRP-6885

Jul 25, 2010
Germantown Hills, IL
HILO said:
ISP ha been sitting on 85 2013 Caprice's for the past year, saying they have no one to install equipment.

State's new fleet of squad cars not on road - Chicago Tribune

"The state's ongoing budget problem — a $3 billion shortfall this year and billions in unpaid bills"

IMHO, The truth is that the state of Illinois doesn't have any money to equip the cars.

I remember reading an article, about a year or so ago, that the no vendors in Illinois would sell the Illinois Department of Corrections ammunition and because the state was not paying their bills.

Windycity411

Jan 20, 2014
Illinois
You would think we were really poor with those plain squads and unpaid bills, but no! The money is hidden under another shell and it's not going to be spent in a responsible manner.

Also, comparing Chicago to Iraq in any form is just ignorant. It's like people who say their town is going to be the next Detroit. I'm willing to bet that anyone who says that has never been to Detroit or wandered too far from whatever Podunk dump they call home. :D

ozzyy1

Feb 6, 2014
IL
As I said earlier I compared them on a statistical basis. Just as you can compare Detroit to other cities based on stats. Such as it taking over an hour for police to respond inside the city.

I also dont live in some podunk dump. There is a lot more to IL than Chicago. Millions of acres of farm land and timber.

I also agree with how tax money is spent irresponsibally.

Timoteus

Mar 31, 2012
Finland
How many (ex-)governors you have in prison at the moment? :D

(yes, honesty and all of IL politicians have been in news in this side of the pond too...)

Last edited by a moderator:

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida

Old:[img said:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/15/eme4e8yj.jpg

New:
da3aveqe.jpg

Attachments

• carpics015-vi.jpg
    carpics015-vi.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 44

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
If IL will hire an unlicensed, uninsured upfitter, I'll do it for travel costs, lodging and all the bacon and French toast I can eat.

car54

May 24, 2010
michigan
I'll agree not the best looking design for graphics, and the caprices are missing something though..........Wait that's it. It needs the old school lightbar setup too. :)

MESDA6

Jun 2, 2010
Central IL and PHX
Our local PD has no problem getting vehicles upfitted. My bet is that the upfitters they were using now want payment up front, and there is probably no way to do that in the system. I'm sure some of them probably won't even bid on State work at this point after having invoices held for a year or more before being paid.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
The one dollar from all Ill registration law was implemented to cover all costs associated with the purchase of new vehicles and related equipment. The law was written to directly prohibit the money received being used for anything other than ISP vehicles. The money is there. What they do not have is the staff to do the installs on the vehicles. Seems that ISP likes to keep everything in house, and they only have 5 people that can work on the equipment, new and old. These 5 are bouncing around the State working on equipment on in service vehicles. My thinking is that the way the law was written, the registration money can not be used for sub contractors, which is why ISP is talking about hiring and training new EVT's. It is not a lack of money that is the problem, it is the lack of foresight.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.