Impala dome light

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Does anyone know of a way to stop the dome light on the newer model Impalas from turning on when you open the door, but still allow you to activate it with the on nob?

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
in the past it was a matter of programming on the body control module,downside is you would need to buy a new one and have the security code programmed to keep the dome light off,they range $150-$200,the current one in your car cannot be reprogrammed

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Wow. Thank I may just bust out the red tape, then. A compromise is better than nothing

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
Instead of red tape, maybe go to Autozone or some other parts store and see about getting a red bulb for the inside. I know back when I was younger and wanted my car to look cool I had a red Chevy Cavalier and I replaced the normal white bulb with a red one so the inside would match the outside... Just a thought and then you don't have to worry about the tape falling down or making things sticky.

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
yea what fluffy said,go to a auto parts store and buy a actual red bulb or if they still sell them the old pos rubber/silcone type colored bulb covers. another option is you can attempt to disable the pressure switch in the door that causes the light to come on and door ajar chime but that is up to you

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.