Impala PPV Orange, yellow, and red/white wires

FFDGoss20

Jan 14, 2017
Central Pennsylvania
I am trying to figure out what three different wires are for in my 2011 Chevy Impala PPV. I have already done extensive research in both the manual and online, and can not find any information about the orange and yellow wires in the trunk. I thought they were part of the 6J6 SEO, which is for factory installed deck lights. The wires were taped off near the power junction block when I got the car. I have tested them with a multimeter, and did all kinds of stuff like hitting the brakes, turning 4 ways on, etc but could not get voltage on either wire.

Their is also a red/white wire, that is about 18 gauge and 4 feet long with a single pin delphi connector wrapped up right beside the fuse box on the passenger side foot well. Their is no tags or anything on it to help identify what it is, and the manual doesn't really mention anything about it either.

Does anybody know what any of these wires are for?

Thanks in advance

FFDGoss20

Jan 14, 2017
Central Pennsylvania
Here is two pictures that hopefully can help everyone understand what I'm talking about. The first picture shows the red with white stripe wire. When tested, this wire has a constant 12 volts.

The second picture is in the trunk. As you can see, their is an orange and yellow wire just kind of kicking around. I also noticed a 2 pin plug that wasn't going to anything. It also has a red wire with white stripe that is constantly energized, and it has a orange wire with black stripe that appears to run up to the latch on the trunk lid.

Attachments

• 20171227_005417-2016x1512.jpg
    20171227_005417-2016x1512.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 23
  • 20171227_005417-2016x1512.jpg
    20171227_005417-2016x1512.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 26
  • 20171227_005708-1512x2016.jpg
    20171227_005708-1512x2016.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 21

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
I'm wondering if your trunk wire there is for under-lid flashing lights, always hot and the ground is triggered by a mercury switch

upnorth896

Dec 13, 2011
MI
Here is two pictures that hopefully can help everyone understand what I'm talking about. The first picture shows the red with white stripe wire. When tested, this wire has a constant 12 volts.

The second picture is in the trunk. As you can see, their is an orange and yellow wire just kind of kicking around. I also noticed a 2 pin plug that wasn't going to anything. It also has a red wire with white stripe that is constantly energized, and it has a orange wire with black stripe that appears to run up to the latch on the trunk lid.

In the second (2nd) picture, the "two pin plug" is tied into the trunk latch switch. It's for the trunk mounted lights.
I'll check on our Impala 9C1 on the orange & yellow wires next time I'm at the dept.
In the first (1st) picture, I'm guessing that's in the passenger foot well fuse panel? If so, that red/white wire might be for the passenger side spot lamp. Try removing the LH Spot fuse in the "under-hood" power distribution box, then test it for power. Should be a similar wire on the driver's side as well.

FFDGoss20

Jan 14, 2017
Central Pennsylvania
In the second (2nd) picture, the "two pin plug" is tied into the trunk latch switch. It's for the trunk mounted lights.
I'll check on our Impala 9C1 on the orange & yellow wires next time I'm at the dept.
In the first (1st) picture, I'm guessing that's in the passenger foot well fuse panel? If so, that red/white wire might be for the passenger side spot lamp. Try removing the LH Spot fuse in the "under-hood" power distribution box, then test it for power. Should be a similar wire on the driver's side as well.

Thanks so much for the help. Any idea what the orange/black wire does when the trunk is open? I'm guessing it grounds out since it didn't show any voltage on it.

And yes, the first picture is on the passenger side footwell. My car does not have a spotlight on either side, so that makes sense. I'll look for a fuse and try pulling it out and checking for voltage.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Yellow and Orange wires are for a pair of lights mounted behind the rear window on the rear deck, this car has the 6J6 SEO and I have the harness for that under the dash plugged together, so it should be working. I'll do some further investigations this weekend into those wires.

Thanks again

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.