imposter's!!!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN

I wonder what brand of off road light is on number 3's looks custom...

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Yep. Ford should stop selling Crown Vics. Oh, wait...

Reactions: BLUELIGHT
Jun 18, 2013
PA
Funny story about this..
About 3-4 years ago I was driving through western PA on my way back to Eastern PA and I was stopped by a police officer.
I look up in the rear view mirror and behind me is a early 2000s dodge stratus with a Streethawk bar on top.. looked like a total Mall Cop ride. I didn't pull over until I got to a strip mall after calling 911 to make sure this was legit. The officer comes up to my door, and during the course of my conversation I told him he looked like a whacker.. regardless at least I didn't get a ticket.. lol

Reactions: WhelenNDealin

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Just like I say to the military fakers: "If you're going to put that much effort into being a fraud, just go and join up! You'll actually feel a sense of pride and get to walk the walk and talk the talk." I never understood fakers. Most are deep into the lunatic fringe and/or are wannabes/losers, IME. They never seem to realize that somebody that's actually served or is serving can spot them a mile away and pick them apart in seconds.

Guys like this are an insult to LE, just as any faker is an insult to whatever service it is they're pretending to be a part of. They may dress the part, but they don't act with the professionalism, integrity and proper deportment that comes with the part. They give services a bad image more often than not.

Last edited:

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
The wife and I ware out one day and passed an unmarked SUV with just lights in the grill that had a woman pulled over. The "officer" was in plain clothes with a baseball cap on. We pulled over just a little ways down to keep in sight and called 911. Turns out he was the Police chief of the city we were in. I voiced my disapproval like somebody would actually care. A few months later he was in hot water for doing just that multiple times. He was operating outside of Georgia code. What brought attention was someone who would not stop while they called 911.

O.C.G.A. 40-1-7 (2010)
40-1-7. Blue light required for officers enforcing traffic; exception

Whenever pursuing a person in violation of a traffic related offense, a uniformed law enforcement officer who is assigned routinely or primarily to traffic law enforcement or other traffic safety duties on the roadways or highways of this state must place a visible blue light on the roof of his or her vehicle if such vehicle is not equipped with permanent exterior mounted roof blue lights.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
There's a group of impostors around here. I haven't seen them in person, but a buddy of mine works at one of the tool and die shops nearby and sees them whenever he works midnights. This group all hangs out at a coffee shop that's a bit off the beaten path, but my buddy told me that they all have the following, or variants thereof:

-CVPIs w/ flashy "Security" markings, none of which are those of any private security company here. Some have lightbars, others have dashmounts, all have grille flashers. Given our laws, likely A/A lights, but you never know...
-All appear to have some form of siren in their vehicles. Buddy said that you could see speakers visible behind the grilles of all of them.
-All have scanners, both in their vehicles and on their persons. They fail to realize that the city police have been encrypted for 20+ years now.
-Most/all are wearing uniforms that look a lot like LE uniforms, but with SECURITY patches on them and some sort of custom-made shoulder flash that apparently looks eerily-similar to an LE one. Some wear what appear to be black plate carriers or spike vests too.
-All are wearing some form of duty belt w/ASPs, handcuffs, radio holder, flashlights, etc. Some have OC spray. All fail to realize that while it's legal to own an ASP in Canada, it's illegal to carry it like that. Same applies to OC spray, except in very specific circumstances.
-One apparently has a CVPI with a cage. A couple of them have older-model pushbars on theirs.
-Most/all of the CVPIs have spots on them.

These guys hang out at this Tim Horton's all night. There's a bunch of them too. This particular Timmie's is in a strange location and only machine shops are nearby. This is likely for good reason. My buddy said that the next time he's on midnights, he's going to ask them if they're actually security officers or not. He said that they look like a bunch of psychos and the next time he sees them, he's calling LE on these guys. LE's going to have some fun with those clowns....

ShadowSwipe

Mar 13, 2015
New Jersey
Some people take it way too far. I get that there are some groups that are "police car enthusiasts", and fine. Putting a fake dashcam, spotlight, antennas, and push bar on your car doesn't necessarily mean police impersonator although I'll still probably call you a wannabe. But when these guys start putting amber lights, white lights, and occasionally red and blue all over their cars for no reason, I think things get a bit more suspect. You can find groups of people like this all over Instagram, I just shake my head.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Some people take it way too far. I get that there are some groups that are "police car enthusiasts", and fine. Putting a fake dashcam, spotlight, antennas, and push bar on your car doesn't necessarily mean police impersonator although I'll still probably call you a wannabe. But when these guys start putting amber lights, white lights, and occasionally red and blue all over their cars for no reason, I think things get a bit more suspect. You can find groups of people like this all over Instagram, I just shake my head.

My thoughts exactly! The part that scares me is that there are groups of them and that they all seem to be very deep into the lunatic fringe. Just like I say to all military impostors: "If you're going to put this much time and effort into being a fraud, just join up!" The bunch of yahoos that my buddy told me about seem to be taking it to the point of impersonation or damn close. No doubt in my mind that these clowns all carry some sort of fake badge and have likely flashed that badge. It's pretty damn scary when you think about it. Puts both the public and them at risk and creates major headaches for actual LE.

Say one of these pinheads tries to intervene with a psychotic tweaker as an example. It's not gonna end well for them. They might as well try and stop an angry grizzly bear from stealing pic-a-nic baskets. Even worse if they try to stop a drug deal or a nasty fight between tweakers/addicts. They'd be the type that'd be dumb enough to try too, IMHO.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN

Odd it was posted by an imposter lol

First post of 2019

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.