Inexpensive NFPA Chevron Kit

S

sargeek

I am looking to install the NFPA chevron on the back doors of a Chevy Tahoe, for the local Boy Scouts - Anyone know of an inexpensive supplier? I went to a local sign shop and they wanted $390.00 to cover the back doors with two 14"x30" sections.

Help!

I would perfer the lime/yellow and red striping.

Thanks!

S

sargeek

They run a 3,000 acre multiple camp reservation that see over 10,000 visitors annually. They essentially a private emergency services unit that responds to medical calls, wildland fires and other issues on the property. The truck is staffed by EMT's 24/7 during the season and ready to respond to a variety of calls on the property. In the past, the medics have also provided mutual aid to the local volunteer fire department when they have not been able to get a medic to respond to a local call.

The Tahoe is a retired chiefs vehicle - and we though we would freshen it up adding proper identifications on the doors, and chevrons on the back. Necessary, No, but trying to help build the professional image.

We are also in the process of offically registering the vehicle with the DMV as an official emergency vehicle.

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
I purchaced some supplies to do our fire engines at Traffic Safety supply in portland oregon, we just bought 2 rolls of 6 inch wide HIP tape, they were roughly 160.00 per roll, I think there are 150 feet on each roll, more than enough to do a suburban, but I thought the other folks might like the info.

I have this not quite what your after but its 1/2 a chevron..lol

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pts/1822380802.html

[Broken External Image]:http://images.craigslist.org/3nf3pe3od5O05Y45V5a723ea34a0984011d33.jpg

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
here is a pic of our engine I did the other day it was somewhat tedious since the roll up door on the rear had aluminum slats that were about an inch and a half wide... I kinda wanted to use the florescent lime green, but the other yellow looked better with the rest of the truck,

ai275.photobucket.com_albums_jj293_shawnlayton_Engine_2062_e62rear.jpg

ai275.photobucket.com_albums_jj293_shawnlayton_Engine_2062_e62ds.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.