Information / Jetstream domes

DLBFalcon

Aug 22, 2013
Colorado
Hi - just curious is someone on here would know this. I have seen the Federal Jetstream light bars with the clear dome (where you have to use the color inserts) and then I've seen the solid red and blue domes. Most pictures of the solid red and blue domes I've seen don't have clear areas for the alley or takedown lights. Does anyone know if they made the actual red and blue domes with the clear sections for the takedown and alley's so you wouldn't have to use the clear domes with color inserts? Also, if someone has domes like this, would you be interested in selling them? Thanks!

Jun 18, 2013
PA
How common are solid color domes that aren't amber? I've never actually seen one in person.

Not too common. I have encountered a handful, and they usually don't stick around very long. The latest one I came across was on a mini-jet.

DLBFalcon

Aug 22, 2013
Colorado
How common are solid color domes that aren't amber? I've never actually seen one in person.
I've just seen them in pictures, not sure how common they are. Like these:

In all my dealings with the Jet series bars, I've never seen solid colored domes with
clear sections. It was the purpose of the clear domes to allow the mix of clear & colors by the
end user.
That's what I was thinking also, but thought I'd check. I think domes like that for the Jet-series would have been nice!

Attachments

• JetstreamDomes.jpg
    JetstreamDomes.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 6

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
Dealt w/ quite a few of them over the years but the hard part was getting rid of them...

It was VERY rare to have one spec'd-out w/ solid color domes because very few Jet Series bars were "warning-only" bars! The first unit was on a police boat where they didn't need the takedowns or alleys. They had the powerful halogen floods for nighttime work. I had to put a red dome on this one and damn-near gave it away at a swap meet to a guy using it on a demo-derby car. The second shot was of a unit that went on a refurbished tanker to replace a Twinsonic that finally gave out. The truck had a mechanical siren so it didn't need a speaker. Somewhere in the infamous ol' "back room" might sit the other blue dome but I wouldn't even know Where to begin to look...
There's still a few floating around here in service at local establishments and municipalities near me. I had no idea they were a rare commodity, elsewhere...

1589676101826.png1589676165314.png

Last edited:

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I have a mini-Jet with a solid red lens. The end cap, however is clear with a red insert. Back when the Jetsonic was new, I remember Henrico County PD (Virginia) had solid blue lens Jets. I think City of Hampton PD's first Jetsonics also had solid color lenses. When takedown and alley lights were adopted, the lenses were clear with color inserts.

Reactions: Maxim2Eng

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Now don't forget that the mini jets that were on the backs of rescues or sides of fire apparatus were solid domes no inserts, one of my clients just purchased one in west Palm Beach.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.